Huawei P30 Lite

airborne

Executive Member
How does the camera in terms of speed and image quality on the P30 lite compare to say an older flagship phone like a Samsung S8 or LG G6 etc?

Sinbad

Honorary Master
I haven't used the older flagships, but the camera is very fast and great quality.

BTW, the Lite is available on the FNB app Ebucks store at 40% discount if you qualify - R3100 or so.

airborne

Executive Member
I haven't used the older flagships, but the camera is very fast and great quality.

BTW, the Lite is available on the FNB app Ebucks store at 40% discount if you qualify - R3100 or so.
Thanks, I saw that but I don't have enough ebucks currently, great deal though.

Is the screen flat, how drop resistant are they?

I'm trying to avoid a phone with a screen with curved edges, one drop and it can be all over.

Sinbad

Honorary Master
Curved
I dropped mine without a case and cracked the camera glass.
With a case it should be pretty robust, I haven't damaged the P30 pro yet

airborne

Executive Member
Curved
I dropped mine without a case and cracked the camera glass.
With a case it should be pretty robust, I haven't damaged the P30 pro yet
Does it have curved edges a bit like the Galaxy edge phones?

powermzii

Expert Member
Is it possible to have the second sim used for backup data, ie auto switch to the second card when the first has no coverage? I know one can do this manually, I'm wondering if there is a setting to do this automatically?
I've also been wanting something like this but haven't found the setting (if it exists)... Maybe in the software update

Deanoblado

Hey guys, the other day i was playing around with the phone and was able to measure the distance between 2 points with the camera. now i cant find that setting, anyone can help?

Sinbad

Honorary Master
Hey guys, the other day i was playing around with the phone and was able to measure the distance between 2 points with the camera. now i cant find that setting, anyone can help?
It's an app called AR Measure

Deanoblado

It's an app called AR Measure
but i dont have that app installed? or at least cant find it when i search. do you have that app installed?

It was activated while playing with the camera settings i think but not 100% sure

Sinbad

Honorary Master
but i dont have that app installed? or at least cant find it when i search. do you have that app installed?

It was activated while playing with the camera settings i think but not 100% sure
Like this?

That's an app I have installed called AR measure. It dropped with an emui update a while back.

(pro not lite though)

Otherwise try the AI menus inside the camera app?

Deanoblado

yes like
Like this?

That's an app I have installed called AR measure. It dropped with an emui update a while back.

(pro not lite though)

Otherwise try the AI menus inside the camera app?
Yip just like that, it's punted as a P30 pro camera feature but i swear my device could do it. wonder if the latest update removed it.

Sinbad

Honorary Master
yes like

Yip just like that, it's punted as a P30 pro camera feature but i swear my device could do it. wonder if the latest update removed it.
I think it needs the tof camera to work properly... Does the lite have one? Can't remember

Sayf777

Anyone had luck sourcing / getting their sim tray replaced (dual sim)? Can't find any online