I will fix this damn industry: Cell C CEO

Sinbad

Honorary Master
hahahaha he was one of the driving forces behind making the industry what it is today.

JStrike

Honorary Master
So he will fix the system he created. Lol

Why is that funny?
The system was amazing successful, but it has now served it's purpose. Time for it to change.
Hopefully he can do it again

Beri

Expert Member
Why is that funny?
The system was amazing successful, but it has now served it's purpose. Time for it to change.

He is working for his pocket and investors pockets.

TehStranger

Executive Member
Now I am on the other side of the fence

Yes AKC, you're on the other side of the fence, and all of a sudden you don't like the view? Tough, you shouldn't have built the wall that ruined the view then.

Mike Hoxbig

Honorary Master
Why is that funny?
It was successful for nobody else other than the incumbents. As CEO, his job is to maximise shareholder return, which he did at Vodacom, by helping create the status quo that exists now. At Cell C, he is making all the right noises to attract new customers, again increasing shareholder return. His concern is therefore not for the industry, but his shareholders.

Tech786

It was successful for nobody else other than the incumbents. As CEO, his job is to maximise shareholder return, which he did at Vodacom, by helping create the status quo that exists now. At Cell C, he is making all the right noises to attract new customers, again increasing shareholder return. His concern is therefore not for the industry, but his shareholders.

So he "broke" the industry to please investors, now he is trying to "fix" the industry that he broke to please other investors?
Ok...

JStrike

Honorary Master

So? That is his job. And he seems to be doing a great job

Skerminkel

Expert Member
Help me out here jes: This quote comes from the MyBB conference, that was what, 3-4 weeks ago? Did it take you that long to come up with this sensationalist headline?

Mike Hoxbig

Honorary Master
So? That is his job. And he seems to be doing a great job
I didn't say that it's not his job. Just pointing out the irony in him saying that he is going to "fix this damn industry" that he helped break...

JStrike

Honorary Master
I didn't say that it's not his job. Just pointing out the irony in him saying that he is going to "fix this damn industry" that he helped break...

He helped create a great industry, with massive penetration and adoption rates. The industry has since then not changed.
It got broken by not changing in the last 2-3 years. He is not responsible for it not changing in that period. But he wants to fix that