Iburst Website

TheYak

and the award for most interesting signature goes to....

IC!

*applause*

Last edited:

aborg

Somebody got pissed off and defaced / hijacked there website....mmmm just a guess - /me looks around at unhappy customers... :)

ic

MyBroadband
Super Moderator
<added>
well it definitely wasn't me - i didn't have an iburst connection at the time to do any kind of hacking, and i don't think there are many hackers using 56K dialup - well what do i know. if there are any 56K hackers out there please post a reply :D
</added>

tanks <added>theYak</added> ;) here it is again:

Last edited:

ic

MyBroadband
Super Moderator
noone said:
it was no one :D
cannot argue with that - i think it just took itself down, anyways the skinny is that it is being migrated to another box or something...

The fact is that it doesn't really bother me - iburst.co.za is useless without a <div>noticeboard here</div>

MyADSL is where I get all my info :)

ic

MyBroadband
Super Moderator
Ricochet said:
Hi there im a I -burst reseller need any information you can visit my website on www.zappanet.com

Later
I will keep that in mind, do you have a network status page there? - I would visit but sitting with 1 signal strength led that has only just returned - was the red bullseye of connection death for 60 seconds.

sihen

The Website was taken down for maintance and to switch to a new box. THE PAGE WAS NOT DEFACED. to my knowledge it should of been back by now, Ill look into it this morning when I get into the office.

Dylan

guest2013-1

sihen, thats no excuse and you know that.

I'm very well aware that there could have been some sort of page telling the users that the site was down for maintanence and it should be up soon.

The sure fire way of losing clients is (and this is lesson's learnt from Sentech)

#1 Dont communicate with them
#2 Dont tell them what is wrong or admit there is a problem WHEN you do communicate with them
#3 See #1 and #2

This is what is wrong and all we want is a little more information. This sudden quiet-stunned silence WBS has re: the network problem AND their website (and the fact you have to update from your home and can't do it @ work) only leads me to believe that either :

a) You guys reached maximum capacity and **** is hitting the fan (yay, before the prelaunch so you can fix, but COMMUNICATE!!!)
b) WBS ran into financial problems or overspent on budget, and seeing as it's near budget time, every one is stressed and no one (no not me!) knows if they will have a job in the next 3 months

See... these conspiracy theories could be debunked well in advanced if someone just communicated with the people. It wont take you 5 minutes of your time to post a full explanation, and it would save from call centre being bombarded with calls and WBS losing customers and being flamed as the next Sentech.

The consumer is fed up from being ripped off, check what is happening with Telkom and such... and MaD, after YEARS of effort, (including RPM) now has an audience of thousands including ICASA's ear.

I for one will not lie down while WBS tries and rip me off like Sentech or any big-ish company providing a "service" i "need"

bb_matt

Executive Member
Oh, ok, so the site gets "taken down" for 3 days ?
No redundancy ?
You couldn't simply keep the old box up and running while you setup the new box ?

Jeez ! - now there's a professional outfit ;)

I've been keeping an eye on iBurst as a potential ISP later in the year, it's things like this that just make thing no way ! - and the upfront cost, and the exorbitant cost of the modem and numerous other things.

Useless.

guest2013-1

I'll wait for eskom to roll out their cheaper voice/data over the electricity lines thing. Apparently you'd be able to get a very nice broadband thing going (if I remember correctly, 10 meg or so)

bb_matt

Executive Member
I'll wait for an international outfit that actually know what they are doing to setup shop here.

fergus

Expert Member
Sihen: don't forget to install PHP on the new box

Or your site might just send the PHP without parsing it:

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN"
"http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/loose.dtd">
<HTML>
<HEAD>
<TITLE>i-Burst South Africa - Wide Area Wireless Broadband</TITLE>

<?php include("menuscript.php"); ?>

<?php include("style.php"); ?>

</HEAD>

<BODY topmargin=0 leftmargin=0 marginheight=0 marginwidth=0 >

<CENTER>

<?php include('header.php'); ?>

Sheesh, thats bad.

bb_matt

Executive Member
Yeah - better get it fixed pronto - you can basically get hold of database info.
running the database as root without a password is also rather silly.
You'll want to run either as user:group mysql or as user:group nobody

hArTh

Expert Member
sihen said:
The Website was taken down for maintance and to switch to a new box. THE PAGE WAS NOT DEFACED. to my knowledge it should of been back by now, Ill look into it this morning when I get into the office.

Dylan
Good grief ... how amateur are these fools?! :rolleyes:

They probably dont want to comment officially in case the press jumps all over it. Bad idea ... the user created sh*t storm that eventually steam-rollered Sentech made having to make an awkward press release look like a walk in the park.

I seriously think the current iBurst users should get together and plan a media "Shock and awe" campaign against iBurst if this doesnt clear up pronto.

www.iburstsucks.co.za ...

Last edited:

Raithlin

Executive Member
sihen, you seriously need to fire the techies that did this. Not only was this amateurish to the extreme, but after 2 days of no website you are looking rather foolish as a company, at a very sensitive point in time...