iPad 4 128GB announced

The Trutherizer

Expert Member
When you consider that with current USB flash drive technology it is possible to get 1TB flash drives then it really is clear that what I've been saying all along is true. The space made available (without the option of expansion) on most tablets is clearly a scam.

Extra 16GB? That'll be R500 thank you. Ridiculous.

Jola

Honorary Master
Well, because of the lack of a micro SDXC slot this was essential.

I have had 128GB on my Asus TF700T for a long time (256GB if you include the keyboard).

zakdoc89

:mad: WTF, A total rip off..... It is seriously hurtful to see someone ripping of their customers, suppliers, employees, and everyone else... :sick:

At the end of 2012, the cost per 8 GB of memory was just $3.63, Hence the memory cost of an entry level iPad would be just $7.26 !!!. The 128GB iPad is $300 more than the 16GB, while the added memory costs is just $58.08.
Apple have NO added costs in the manufacture of a 128GB over 64GB, 32GB, or the 16GB, since all other components are identical....
In the end Apple nets close to $250 more for every 128GB ipad sold, thats over and above their already phenomenal markups.... :sick:

I see one thing.... GREED will be Apple's Downfall!! :twisted:

MightyMuffinMan

Expert Member
When you consider that with current USB flash drive technology it is possible to get 1TB flash drives then it really is clear that what I've been saying all along is true. The space made available (without the option of expansion) on most tablets is clearly a scam.

Extra 16GB? That'll be R500 thank you. Ridiculous.

lol might be cos its expensive to make it lightweight and durable??? Think cheap USB stick vs more premium sticks. Just food for thought. Like a hyundai's engine vs a ferrari engine they are similar but clearly not the same.

Crowley

Executive Member
lol might be cos its expensive to make it lightweight and durable??? Think cheap USB stick vs more premium sticks. Just food for thought. Like a hyundai's engine vs a ferrari engine they are similar but clearly not the same.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1359484424954.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1359484424954.jpg
    21.8 KB · Views: 253

cerebus

Honorary Master
It's expensive but it's in line with every device manufacturer's pricing bump. And hey, nobody else has 128gb tablets so that's something...even if I have absolutely no use for that amount of storage. And at least it's all going to be usable.

Crowley

Executive Member
It's expensive but it's in line with every device manufacturer's pricing bump. And hey, nobody else has 128gb tablets so that's something...even if I have absolutely no use for that amount of storage. And at least it's all going to be usable.

I have had 128GB on my Asus TF700T for a long time (256GB if you include the keyboard).

cerebus

Honorary Master

With an sd card sure. It's not the same thing is it? All I'm saying is, they're getting roundly criticized for making an improvement to their product here and having the gall to charge for it, when everybody else charges a higher price for more internal memory.

krycor

Honorary Master
haha.. i read stuff via google reader + bgr etc.. the iPad 5 looks like it will be good so i think i will wait it out for that

Ricard

Expert Member
Its not the case of more memory.... its a case of 'How to raise the ipad profile' - How many people know there is an ipad4 out and what it does? ... everyone konws there is a iPad Mini. (and the ipad4 was released on the same day!)

Besides.... you can put 10000 Terabytes on an ipad, but the GUI is still outdated!

cerebus

Honorary Master
Mm I think it's more a case of 'oh look Microsoft's about to release the Surface Pro, let's steal all their momentum by pointing out that people would rather pay an extra $100 to get a storage bump in the iPad than buy the Surface.'