iPad Air 4 in SA

AlexCohenZA

Can't find the 256GB model in stock anywhere. Anyone know of someone/company still in stock?

noxibox

Honorary Master
What is annoying is that I bought the 7th generation, which has a slower A10 chip, for the same price just
2 months ago. Of course the helpful salesman forgot to mention that the release of the 8th generation was imminent. Considering returning it and buying this one.
Why would you expect the person in the shop to know that a new model was imminent?

Any good deals on the iPad Air 4 for BF?

The best deal I can find is the FNB purchase option via the iStore - which essentially adds 5% cost but allows you to pay it over 16 months!

Additionally is 64GB storage OK for an iPad nowdays? I mean the OS is currently +-10GB - so is the remaining space sufficient for app storage?
Depends what you're going to do with it. 64Gb is fine for me if I don't fill it with photographs and videos. There is also the possibility of using external storage for large files, although I don't know how well that works on the new Air. The Pro can power an external SSD.

sand_man

Honorary Master
So I caved and got myself one. Upgrading from a 10.5” Pro (2017).

it’s a decent upgrade. The air is mindblowingly fast but for me fails in one fundamental area. 60hz screen. Once you’ve done 90hz and above it’s very difficult to go back to 60hz. Almost a deal breaker for me. I knew it was 60hz before buying, but side by side with the pro, the difference is depressingly evident.

RedViking

Nord of the South
So I caved and got myself one. Upgrading from a 10.5” Pro (2017).

it’s a decent upgrade. The air is mindblowingly fast but for me fails in one fundamental area. 60hz screen. Once you’ve done 90hz and above it’s very difficult to go back to 60hz. Almost a deal breaker for me. I knew it was 60hz before buying, but side by side with the pro, the difference is depressingly evident.
Now you gonna be reminded everyday what a bad choice you made. :( That screen is laughing at you.... in 60hz

sand_man

Honorary Master
Now you gonna be reminded everyday what a bad choice you made. :( That screen is laughing at you.... in 60hz
Yip. I'm a little bit gutted. Enjoying it though. The speed at which it runs and executes programs is absolutely devine!

Already used to the fingerprint scanner in the power button although accessories for thee air 4 are hard to come by. I bought a speck cover for an 11pro which fits the air perfectly except for in one crucial area!! The power button. The case pushes the power button down, rendering the air unusable. Fortunately, using a nail clipper, I was able to remove the offending bit.

Had a day of low and highs yesterday.

sand_man

Honorary Master
6a6a19e5d2e4a69364b7fe57e693b8b1.jpg

RedViking

Nord of the South
Yip. I'm a little bit gutted. Enjoying it though. The speed at which it runs and executes programs is absolutely devine!

Already used to the fingerprint scanner in the power button although accessories for thee air 4 are hard to come by. I bought a speck cover for an 11pro which fits the air perfectly except for in one crucial area!! The power button. The case pushes the power button down, rendering the air unusable. Fortunately, using a nail clipper, I was able to remove the offending bit.

Had a day of low and highs yesterday.
I hate spending so much money on something and then there is just that one annoying thing that is there... every single time you use it.

Still thinking hard if I should get something like the Dell XPS 15 or Macbook Pro when I have the cash.

maumau

Honorary Master
Didn't even realize it was gone. I only move forward, in life and when I'm typing.

The delete key does more or less the same job as the back key, no?

No and I've been whinging about mine since I bought it a few weeks ago.

E.G. reading myBB, to return to the previous page you have to stretch across the entire effing tablet to top left back arrow :mad: :mad::mad::mad:. If there's a way around it please share because it's really, really, really, really annoying.

sand_man

Honorary Master

E.G. reading myBB, to return to the previous page you have to stretch across the entire effing tablet to top left back arrow :mad: :mad::mad::mad:. If there's a way around it please share because it's really, really, really, really annoying.

Oh yeah, I see what you mean now. Honestly doesn’t bother me. I can’t remember how I used to do it...

maumau

Honorary Master
Oh yeah, I see what you mean now. Honestly doesn’t bother me. I can’t remember how I used to do it...

I think the Air is one step away from being a laptop and if used as a productivity tool it's a fantastic device.

sand_man

Honorary Master
I think the Air is one step away from being a laptop and if used as a productivity tool it's a fantastic device.
Yeah. I think you can accessorize it to the extent that it comes pretty damn close. Apple pencil, apples magic keyboard at the magical price of close to R7k!

I really love apple products but the cost? F uck me!

sand_man

Honorary Master
Their entry level iPads and the iPad Air range offer exceptional value for money. Really really good. I’d say their pricing is super competitive but they have no worthy competitors in the tablet market. NONE!!

maumau

Honorary Master
Yeah. I think you can accessorize it to the extent that it comes pretty damn close. Apple pencil, apples magic keyboard at the magical price of close to R7k!

I really love apple products but the cost? F uck me!

It's crazy. Would love a pen but R3k or R4k, jeez.

RedViking

Nord of the South
Their entry level iPads and the iPad Air range offer exceptional value for money. Really really good. I’d say their pricing is super competitive but they have no worthy competitors in the tablet market. NONE!!
I think there can be competition, but no other brand will be able to get away with that pricing.

3WA

Honorary Master

Not sure if you've tried the back gesture. Two finger swipe. Start with your two fingers on the bezel and swipe from left to right. I find it works best if your fingers are about 5cm apart.