iPad Air 4 in SA

sand_man

Honorary Master
I swear our retailers are still stuck in the 90s, that is insane.
Yeah, I'm pretty pissed.

Look, I can't really argue with their reasoning. They saying the warranty period starts from the time I booted up and logged in. They saying margins are tight and customers are reluctant to spend over R10k on any item without full warranties that has been opened and used.

Guess it's my bad for not doing my due diligence.

Having said that I've returned high ticket items in the past to the likes of Takealot and even Amazon, with little to no issue provided the goods were returned in the condition I received them...

I actually wanted to buy it from Takealot but they were out of stock... wondering now how they would have handled the exchange? Mmmmmm.....

EDIT: Actually been blown away by Takealot's service this December. Ordered a number of items from them on various occasions and turn around times were quite amazing given it's December! IE Ordered a cover on the 22nd and it was delivered on the 28th...

Digicape I paid the morning of the 18th and received the afternoon of the 29th..

sand_man

Honorary Master
Anyway, Digicape going to get back to me re actual handling fee they want to charge. Meanwhile I've stuck her on carbonite, let's see if we get any bites... R12200 seems fair.. won't let it go for much less...

Tsepz_GP

Expert Member
Yeah, I'm pretty pissed.

Look, I can't really argue with their reasoning. They saying the warranty period starts from the time I booted up and logged in. They saying margins are tight and customers are reluctant to spend over R10k on any item without full warranties that has been opened and used.

Guess it's my bad for not doing my due diligence.

Having said that I've returned high ticket items in the past to the likes of Takealot and even Amazon, with little to no issue provided the goods were returned in the condition I received them...

I actually wanted to buy it from Takealot but they were out of stock... wondering now how they would have handled the exchange? Mmmmmm.....

EDIT: Actually been blown away by Takealot's service this December. Ordered a number of items from them on various occasions and turn around times were quite amazing given it's December! IE Ordered a cover on the 22nd and it was delivered on the 28th...

Digicape I paid the morning of the 18th and received the afternoon of the 29th..

Yah, they really cannot work like that when the likes of Takealot and Amazon are around and happy to take items back. It sounds like Digicape need to get their act together or they will be swallowed up.

Absolutely agree about Takealot, I have also had nothing but great service from them, I ordered 3 different items in 3 different days the week of Christmas and even on Christmas Day, all items arrived on that following Monday the 28th, long before their estimated delivery day, they were outstanding!

Anyway, Digicape going to get back to me re actual handling fee they want to charge. Meanwhile I've stuck her on carbonite, let's see if we get any bites... R12200 seems fair.. won't let it go for much less...

All the best with that, hopefully there are some people looking! Maybe Digicape will also try work something out because you are still bringing them business.

sand_man

Honorary Master
All the best with that, hopefully there are some people looking! Maybe Digicape will also try work something out because you are still bringing them business.
Thanks, not holding my breath, it's Januworry after all...

Yeah, will see what Digicape propose. anything over a R500 penalty and I'll rather take my chances with the market place.

jsheed_sa

Executive Member
Spec? Location?

sand_man

Honorary Master
Digicape wanted me to send it to one of their assessment centers, thereafter they would charge a handling fee of anywhere between 10%-20%, so best scenario R1235 handling fee... bastards....

And bear in mind I'm not asking them for a refund but intended to upgrade to a more expensive model..

Last edited:

jsheed_sa

Executive Member
Digicape wanted me to send it to one of their assessment centers, thereafter they would charge a handling fee of anywhere between 10%-20%, so best scenario R1235 handling fee... bastards....

And bear in mind I'm not asking them for a refund but intended to upgrade to a more expensive model..
Ouch - looks like pricing has dropped too:

R11499 for the iPad Air 4 new now.

sand_man

Honorary Master
Stuck a complaint about Digicape's service on Hellopeter.com

Got a call from Gaynor MacArthur. Wasn't happy with me taking to Hellopeter.com. She prefers to avoid Social Media as a medium on which to deal with customer complaints. She was very happy to chat on the telephone though and has assured me she will come back to me with a more amicable counter offer. Hopefully one that doesn't include a 10%-20% handling fee.

Anyway requested she email me said offer. Looking forward to what is considered 'amicable'.

Last edited:

Tsepz_GP

Expert Member
Stuck a complaint about Digicape's service on Hellopeter.com

Got a call from Ms McArthur. Wasn't happy with me taking to Hellopeter.com. She prefers to avoid Social Media as a medium on which to deal with customer complaints. She was very happy to chat on the telephone though and has assured me she will come back to me with a more amicable counter offer. Hopefully one that doesn't include a 10%-20% handling fee.

Anyway requested she email me said offer. Looking forward to what is considered 'amicable'.
Here’s to hoping she comes back with something reasonable for you. Sad that people have to resort to HelloPeter just to be heard by these companies honestly, if they just did things correctly and fairly it would never need to get to this point.

All the best!

sand_man

Honorary Master
Here’s to hoping she comes back with something reasonable for you. Sad that people have to resort to HelloPeter just to be heard by these companies honestly, if they just did things correctly and fairly it would never need to get to this point.

All the best!
Agreed!! She went out of her way to lament how I resorted to posting on Hellopeter, but hell, it got the desired effect didn't it?

Digicape is clearly a company that doesn't enjoy negative press (mind you, what company does)?

Well, they have come to the party!! Provided the Air 4 is in perfect condition (which it is), they'll pass a full credit and exchange the unit for the 11" Pro. I'll simply pay in the difference!!

Super chuffed with this outcome!

Just to be clear, the Air 4 is a brilliant device and at the right price point, but honestly, there is no going back to a 60hz display once you've experienced 90hz and above!

Last edited:

Tsepz_GP

Expert Member
Agreed!! She went out of her way to lament how I resorted to posting on Hellopeter, but hell, it got the desired effect didn't it?

Digicape is clearly a company that doesn't enjoy negative press (mind you, what company does)?

Well, they have come to the party!! Provided the Air 4 is in perfect condition (which it use), they'll pass a full credit and exchange the unit for the 11" Pro. I'll simply pay in the difference!!

Super chuffed with this outcome!

Just to be clear, the Air 4 is a brilliant device and at the right price point, but honestly, there is no going back to a 60hz display once you've experienced 90hz and above!
Nice one! That is fantastic news :D

Haha, yah absolutely agreed, this 120hz screen is incredibly addictive, will be great when they start giving it to iPhones.

Lakhi10

I had to do the exact same
I bought a black fake apple pencil with the magnet and tilt support and type c from China similar to those Amazon ones don't use it as much id hoped luckily I didn't spend on the real deal
Have an extra white if anyone wants
Only issue I have is I miss the headphone jack

sand_man

Honorary Master
So just took delivery of the 11" Pro, 20 minutes into setting it up and couldn't be happier!! The contrast in emotions compared to the unboxing and setting up of the Air 4, is difficult to explain... safe to say it's fairly vast...

Tsepz_GP

Expert Member
So just took delivery of the 11" Pro, 20 minutes into setting it up and couldn't be happier!! The contrast in emotions compared to the unboxing and setting up of the Air 4, is difficult to explain... safe to say it's fairly vast...

That is absolutely brilliant news! :D

You must be truly excited, now you feel like you have truly upgraded.

How refreshing is it to have FaceID on your tablet? It’s one of my favourite things on it, I get a notification and I just look at it and it unlocks while it’s sitting next to my laptop while working.

sand_man

Honorary Master
That is absolutely brilliant news! :D

You must be truly excited, now you feel like you have truly upgraded.

How refreshing is it to have FaceID on your tablet? It’s one of my favourite things on it, I get a notification and I just look at it and it unlocks while it’s sitting next to my laptop while working.
Very chuffed hey, won't lie and yes, it's a superior device in every regard compared to the 10.5" Pro it replaces.

Funny you should mention face id. When I was weighing up which iPad to get the face Id never really featured heavily in my thought process. It's often a feature I'd even overlook.

I could tell you about the higher entry level capacity, the 6gb of ram, the extra camera lenses, the 600nit screen brightness, oh and yeah, face Id!

And you right. It's works brilliantly. First apple device I've owned with face id and what stood out for me is how well it works regardless of the ambient light.

So yeah, the price difference between the air and pro is fairly steep. But, for me anyway, it's well worth it.