iPhone charger

Kate2019

I have an iPhone 7 and my original charger broke the first week of lockdown. So the only charger I could buy during that time was the fake one but since I updated the software yesterday that charger won’t work anymore. What should I do? Thanks

bwana

MyBroadband
Super Moderator
I use any sort of charger for my iphone. I think the current one is for an amazon kindle fire.

Customer1

I use any sort of charger for my iphone. I think the current one is for an amazon kindle fire.
This won't work for OP, but the best investment I made was a wireless charger next to my bedside. No cables, no issues.

abzo

forum angel
Don’t mean to piggyback but have the opposite situation. Can be moved to new thread if necessary.

Screen and battery replaced by non-OEM parts. Phone now only charges using 3rd party cables. Original lightning cable doesn’t work on it anymore neither do any MFI certified cables.

Didn’t know they did that.

Rocket-Boy

Executive Member
The charger doesnt matter, the cable does though.
I have a few generic cables that dont work anymore due to not being certified, pretty much any power supply works though.

bwana

MyBroadband
Super Moderator
The charger doesnt matter, the cable does though.
I have a few generic cables that dont work anymore due to not being certified, pretty much any power supply works though.
The OP specified charger but it could well be that they think cables and chargers are synonymous.

I haven't bought a generic cable that didn't work in ages.

D tj

Expert Member
Try unlocking your phone whilst charging. You might need to try the unlock before then after putting it on charge...one of the conditions may allow it to charge.
If this does not sort it try the same with the cable...best to use OME.
Best not to risk an iPhone with cheap chargers and cables if possible.

geezer

Expert Member
I think the first step would be to determine exactly what broke, the actual charger that plugs into the power socket or the cable. I know of many misunderstandings regarding this between involved parties. For example, hubby/wife tells wife/hubby, "Please remember to pack in our charger for the trip.". Wife/husband replies "Yes, honey, do not worry." Arrives at holiday destination with either only the charger or the charging cable.

Kiemo

It’s simple guys it depends on the charger block but I’ll hook you up with a cable Kate