Is Afrihost currently down?

Azteca

Hi all.

Cannot connect on PPP - LCP terminated by peer (authentication response timeout)

Webafrica account is working, is there an issue with Afrihost PPP?

Hi all.

Cannot connect on PPP - LCP terminated by peer (authentication response timeout)

Webafrica account is working, is there an issue with Afrihost PPP?
It looks like there were changes with Openserve on their end

South Africa
Medium Impact • Openserve Outage | All Regions
09:25 • 21 May 2024

We are investigating reports of limited connectivity affecting clients on the Openserve network. We are working on identifying and resolving this issue as quickly as possible. We apologize for any inconvenience that this may be causing.

My openserve was down this morning but traced it to the afrihost DNS servers not seeming to work - switched my routers DNS to the cloudflare one (1.1.1.1) and immediately it is working again.

My openserve was down this morning but traced it to the afrihost DNS servers not seeming to work - switched my routers DNS to the cloudflare one (1.1.1.1) and immediately it is working again.
Always use Google DNS and just noticed the link going down about 20 minutes ago.

Afrihost has gone to ****.
Been struggling with VPN's this morning, now my home fibre dc every minute

Afrihost has gone to ****.
Been struggling with VPN's this morning, now my home fibre dc every minute
I can not agree with that. I have been with them almost 9 years. My fibre has been working fine for 5 of those. Today is the first time I am having issues with my Openserve line.

Currently I am using my Air Mobile package instead of my fibre and no issue there.

I am thinking this is related to the notice on their network page for Openserve

If you go to their website they clearly state that there are various outages.

Last edited:
Afrihost just updated their status/support page a few minutes ago, confirming the outage.

Back