Is chrome door handles cool?

Rouxenator

Dank meme lord
I know it is definately cold driving with the window down and sunroof open when it is 11 degrees outside (those are requirements for a smoke in the morning traffic) - but since when is it cool to have chrome door handles ?!
polokommin.jpg

Or are they standard on the car ?

Iwojima

Expert Member
Funny how I had planned to comment on this disturbing trend amongst GTi drivers BEFORE i even opened your picture :D

Guess I was spot on.

Rouxenator

Dank meme lord
Yes, as if driving a VW was not enough of a give away as to their lack of taste they just had to make the door handles chrome... :p

SirFooK'nG

Executive Member
looks like the driver is sporting a "mullet" to boot !!! ha ha ... plank = fail

Shake&Bake

Party Liaison
Whether they is? Not sure. :rolleyes:
Whether they are, is something that could be up for discussion.

dj_jyno

Expert Member
I know it is definately cold driving with the window down and sunroof open when it is 11 degrees outside (those are requirements for a smoke in the morning traffic) - but since when is it cool to have chrome door handles ?!
polokommin.jpg
:sick:
Or are they standard on the car ?
Thank God they're not. Although you could expect this from a tool using his cellphone in the car.

Rouxenator

Dank meme lord
Although you could expect this from a tool using his cellphone in the car.

I was using mine to take the picture - so I guess me = tool also :p

At least I drive a stock standard boring old astra with NO CHROME anywhere on it.

thedutchman

Expert Member
i'm wondering where that pic is taken, please help me! and no, those chrome handels are rubbish and he is probably gay

Rouxenator

Dank meme lord
Stellenbosch, it is on the R44 just after Adam Tas splits off to the right and before you cross Dorp Street.
Was waiting at the robot when this VW punk pulled up next to me... It always starts like that :p

SirFooK'nG

Executive Member
ha ha, whats next... the artificial "racing" petrol cap sticker ??? And then a lekka aluminium wing ... so he can flyyyyyy.

oh ja, ... dont forget the pastic hubcap spinnerz !!!! then he'll fit in lekka with our charrooz !

dj_jyno

Expert Member
I was using mine to take the picture - so I guess me = tool also :p
That observation was 100% spot on, as usual. :D

Chrome on a car post-2000 just screams rice rocket, unless it's something like an Alfa Romeo or Honda Civic Type R.

thedutchman

Expert Member
Stellenbosch, it is on the R44 just after Adam Tas splits off to the right and before you cross Dorp Street.
Was waiting at the robot when this VW punk pulled up next to me... It always starts like that :p

oh there :D what did you do there :p arent you supposed to be in class or arent you studying anymore??:D

Iwojima

Expert Member
looks like the driver is sporting a "mullet" to boot !!! ha ha ... plank = fail
I missed that! A quick look again reveals his collar is also "popped".

My god, what a tool! :rolleyes:

HypoThesis

Expert Member
Popped Collar? Check
Mullet? Check
Hair slicked back on the sides with too much gel? Check
Chrome door handle? Check
Sunroof open, windows open...even though I'm clearly cold coz I'm wearing a jacket? Check
My boyfriend next to me? Check
Talking on a cell phone? Check

Yep. I'm cool ek se!

4cer

Expert Member
my alfa came standard with chrome door handles ? and its got chrome inside aswell.. but i think it suits the car ?

that after market k@k... is just that k@k

Waaib

Executive Member
I have not read the thread in detail but I have seen those handles in a motor spare shop at some point and they where stickers/stick on. They stick onto the normal door handles.

I don't see the point of them unless the car is red. Red cars go faster and the chrome would help the aero-dynamics.

simp

That observation was 100% spot on, as usual. :D

Chrome on a car post-2000 just screams rice rocket, unless it's something like an Alfa Romeo or Honda Civic Type R.

So a honda CR-V is a rice rocket? The also come with chrome door handles.