Is evetech good or shady?

airborne

Executive Member
Courier probably decided it is best if the PC goes under the couch. .....

What did Evetech say? They gave you a full refund or replacement swiftly and without issue right?

(P.S. I hope for you sake you took the extra courier insurance that is optional on checkout).....
It's the responsibility of the retailer to ensure an item is safely delivered, having an option for insurance on checkout is bogus and sounds like a typical Evetech ploy to con money out of their customers.

Rabobi

Executive Member
Evetech must refund the customer. They can then claim damages from the courier. My guess is they dont give a fk.

Either way. Lotsa bad press for Evetech recently

RedViking

Nord of the South
It's the responsibility of the retailer to ensure an item is safely delivered, having an option for insurance on checkout is bogus and sounds like a typical Evetech ploy to con money out of their customers.
That and they state free delivery on some items only to find out it is just for Cape Town and Joburg.

Daruk

Honorary Master
I have to admit, sending broken goods with clients who don't pay for insurance does sound like an easy scam.

Daruk

Honorary Master
They also use Aramex for delivery...Overnight=3 days
Aramex managed to stand on a laptop that was sent to me. Big boot print on the box and smashed screen. Nothing they could do, they don't guarantee condition of goods signed for... But don't let you open and inspect goods before signing.

baltazhar

Aramex managed to stand on a laptop that was sent to me. Big boot print on the box and smashed screen. Nothing they could do, they don't guarantee condition of goods signed for... But don't let you open and inspect goods before signing.
How does that even work? I would not sign for it!!! Never received product would be the ticket I would open...

S.Claus

I bought a laptop on Wednesday and received it at my door this morning. I haven't had any issues besides the point that I had to remind them to send the free game code which I received 10min later.

RedViking

Nord of the South
I bought a laptop on Wednesday and received it at my door this morning. I haven't had any issues besides the point that I had to remind them to send the free game code which I received 10min later.

It is after sales that is the problem.

rudivdw

Here's my experience with them:

A friend bought a cheap Asus laptop, which I offered to upgrade for him as a bday gift (ssd), and stupid me broke the ribbon cable that attaches the keyboard to the laptop (you take the keyboard off in this model to get to the inside). Phoning Evetech to see if they can sell me a new one to fix the machine, they couldn't help, and just pointed me to Rectron.

Next, another friend of mine bought an upgrade kit recently (i5 with mobo and RAM). The CPU didn't want to work on the motherboard, it needed a bios upgrade first. Ended up costing him more money. Evetech offered to fix it though, but he just went with local guys who charged him like R300. My friend did say they apologized profusely though...

I bought a 4TB Seagate hard drive, which was dead on arrival. The packaging it was in was really not sturdy enough, literally just some bubble wrap. They did replace it though, but it was a hassle. I had to fill in a form and scan and email it to them, and it took two weeks. They sent their courier to come fetch it, tested it, phoned me with an update, sent a new one.

I bought 2 or 3 other times from them without issue, but yeah, percentage-wise not a good track record...

shotalot

I've had a good time with them when I've gone in to pick stuff up. Deliveries sometimes bring issues

mk1

Expert Member
Evetech has to worst after sales in the business and is extremely dodgy.
If you buy from them you might as well say goodbye to your warranty.

RedViking

Nord of the South
Evetech has to worst after sales in the business and is extremely dodgy.
If you buy from them you might as well say goodbye to your warranty.
Why? What happened? Share your experience.