Is evetech good or shady?

NickDiablo

Hi. I'm buying a new released CPU for my new PC build and it's the last component I need. I've read terrible experiences with evetech.

What's your experience with them?

The cost of product is R3550

Evetech beats competition on price but not by much, though evetech include 3 month xbox game pass PC

What would you choose to do

KleinBoontjie

Honorary Master
I bought a few upgrade kits from them in the past. Was for friends and family that wanted me to upgrade their PC's to something newer and was just easier and quicker, to choose a kit. So far, good experience. Happy campers, the lot of them. Last one was upgraded last year somewhere. Although, there is some on MyBB that had bad experiences.
Of course, I'm not too lazy when I buy for myself. For myself, I usually buy from Wootware.

Zuner

Expert Member
Unless my mind gets changed by pricing or a different item i want, i'm about to buy a Ryzen upgrade kit from them. Though i stay down the road and will visit them before buying. and will hassle them if something does go wrong.

Xeynobrand

I have bought a couple products from them and so far the experience has been positive. One item was delivered within 48 hours of ordering. The other items included a ryzen 3600 which I'm waiting for but they have been very prompt with my enquiries and kept me up to date regularly so far.
I haven't had to return anything so can't comment on that end but overall like I said a positive experience.

Ryansr

Expert Member
Well, I am a person who can put your overactive imagination at ease bcs I bought my entire PC at the end of 2018 from them and they delivered one of the best shopping experiences that I've ever had. Claiming your free software form them is also not a hassle. Even posted about their great service in a thread here on MyBB. Can definitely recommend them! :thumbsup:

Soul Assassin

Honorary Master
Well, I am a person who can put your overactive imagination at ease bcs I bought my entire PC at the end of 2018 from them and they delivered one of the best shopping experiences that I've ever had. Claiming your free software form them is also not a hassle. Even posted about their great service in a thread here on MyBB. Can definitely recommend them!
The issues were never the buying it was the after sales if something should go wrong.

Ryansr

Expert Member
The issues were never the buying it was the after sales if something should go wrong.
Read my post again. After sales is not always about "if something goes wrong". For me their after sales service was quite good.

RedViking

Nord of the South
Good prices, expensive delivery. Slow after sales and communication, over priced courier costs on you.

PAYBACK

Expert Member
Was there for first time yesterday. Friendly staff and they seemed pretty jacked. Never seen so many ponytails in one spot at 09:30 on a Saturday morning ever!