IS News Server down?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Using Newsbin, at the bottem left corner it shows you the d/l speed.

But why is there 2??

It looks like this: 64.4kbps/8.2KBps (have a 512k line)

thanks

64.4 kilobits per second, or 8.2 kilobytes per second. It's the same thing.
 
damn that was weird, suddenly on IS my gateway ip just disappeared and was unable to do anything...
 
Suddenly Im maxing out.. i mean its like staying on 39.6k the WHOLE time... Pretty kiff

and only 4 connections

In grabit all i see is a straight line :P
 
im also maxing out! :D cooool 2 servers 8 connections...but 1 of the news.is.co.za is not connecting for some reason
 
I will not! :mad: I have pain, a bandwidth deficiency! I am in tears, it feels like niagra falls here man :p :D
 
Using Newsbin

For the time being I only used one news server (with 4 connections) .

So I import the nzb and start downloading, but the size of each file is just 0/19.8 MB [81], in the left corner it says I'v downloaded 800mb. But only 3 files has a box that is totally red (the current progress)

Please help
 
Gora, dont user Newsbi, its really buggy on the IS newservers, change to Grabbit, its free at www.grabbit.com. Once u downloaded it set up the news servers with 4 connections each, then before downloading anything make sure u click update groups or refresh grouplist. Its as simple as that
 
Dont know, thats weird, trust m, use Grabbit, its better. Also use atleast 2 servers with a total of 8 connections.
 
I try to use 8 connections, only 7 works.
Is that normal?
What is the average of the newsservers?

Is 20kb/s on 512 okay?

Thanks
 
Seems like only 3 connections max are working on the 196.35.123.198 IP (think it's the news.is one). I'm also only getting 7 connections in total using both servers.
 
There seem to be problems with certain groups as well. a.b.m.divx is dropping left right and centre.

Gone back to SAIX until they sort things out irrespective of how long it takes. :o
 
I try to use 8 connections, only 7 works.
Is that normal?
What is the average of the newsservers?

Is 20kb/s on 512 okay?

Thanks

it depends on whether the stufff you downloading.........how old it is, how many other ppl have downloaded it etc
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X