IS News Server down?

Status
Not open for further replies.
i want 30kbs back :(

i agree with brenden though, there alot of peeps with 4 meg lines maybe they chowing all our speed :)
 
Doubt that it's only the 4mb guys considering that each connection is throttled to the point of being almost unusable. Everybody seems to be getting 10-15kB/s on files that aren't locally cached. IS is the culprit, they should start getting their act together.
 
Last edited:
If some people is over their cap of December then there are less people using the newsservers, right? Shouldn't the speed increase?

If I'm at 8kb/s now, what will the new year keep in store for us?
 
If some people is over their cap of December then there are less people using the newsservers, right? Shouldn't the speed increase?

If I'm at 8kb/s now, what will the new year keep in store for us?
Continuing disappointment.
 
Just to make sure, do most of you also get about 12-16kb/s transfer speeds on files that aren't cached locally yet,meaning that intl downloads through the news server are slower ?? or is it just me ? Two weekends ago I downloaded a episode internationally through the news server that wasnt even cached yet at full speed.
 
Just to make sure, do most of you also get about 12-16kb/s transfer speeds on files that aren't cached locally yet,meaning that intl downloads through the news server are slower ??
Yup same here. Although sometimes if I'm lucky it goes up to 20kB/s for a minute or two.
 
Yep, mine is running at a wopping 9.6kb/s right now. We will reach dialup speeds if it carries on like this.

Cheerz
Voodoo
 
Hey Zig, +-180kb/s for me too. You think that we must be causing the servers to slow down Ziggy? lol ;)

Style
 
I dont think it would matter if I was getting 400000000000000 kb/s - there's nothing worthwhile out! :o
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X