Jhb water outage

Water finally went this morning, and all the hot water in my geyser also disappeared, for some reason I thought what was already in the geyser will remain.
Make sure you turn your geyser off. Don't want the element burning out with all the water supply uncertainty :unsure:
 
I'd really like an update from Johannesburg Water but their twitter feed has been silent.
 
Make sure you turn your geyser off. Don't want the element burning out with all the water supply uncertainty :unsure:
Yes, thanks, it has been off since last night because the water was boiling, I woke up like a Boss today but my heart sank when I realised all my hot water is gone.
 
I'm now thankful to the one thing I remember from school camps, how to sort of clean yourself with a bottle of water. 1.5l has given me 2 days of teeth brushing, hand washing, face, under arms and a few key areas. Not the best way but wtf else man
 
I'm now thankful to the one thing I remember from school camps, how to sort of clean yourself with a bottle of water. 1.5l has given me 2 days of teeth brushing, hand washing, face, under arms and a few key areas. Not the best way but wtf else man
In scouts we learnt very quickly how to wash our entire bodies with less than 200ml of water.
 
Why are they not saying anything. Did something go wrong?
 
Are you one the ones with 5 days no power as well?
I was in block 10, but they switched us to block 8 so our power came back on Wednesday, but batteries and solar kept my sanity in check.
 
I was in block 10, but they switched us to block 8 so our power came back on Wednesday, but batteries and solar kept my sanity in check.
There are some guys that have had no power since Monday (Hyperion / Derby / Pritchard / Blandford) ... and no water since Wednesday

Others (like myself) went out 20:00 yesterday and - well - we're still out.

Stupid area
 
There are some guys that have had no power since Monday (Hyperion / Derby / Pritchard / Blandford) ... and no water since Wednesday

Others (like myself) went out 20:00 yesterday and - well - we're still out.

Stupid area
I'm in blandford, we have power but it could just be up to our complex.

But yes, it's a extremely stupid area.
 
Usually it takes a while to flush out the air and fill the reservoirs to a certain level...
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X