Annegret

I live in Knysna, which recently buckled under a fire. While our place is still standing, most of the town's copper and fibre lines got scorched (and just before I was about to get fibre :') ). I have no idea how long they will take to restore the lines. I'm guessing a long time.

My question is, does Telkom expect payment in the months that we can't use their services?

I pay EFT on a month-to-month basis, but got a few desperate messages offering a "free 200-min talk time!" offer if I immediately switch to debit order, leading me to believe they are anxious about people like me who do not want to pay until the lines are back up. The statement was also issued as usual.

If I don't pay in the meantime, will they cut off my internet once it is available again?

aybbleek

Expert Member
They will definitely continue to invoice you. But I would imagine that they would be lenient because of the situation. You would need to have a discussion with Telkom though. Let us know the outcome

LazyLion

King of de Jungle
No you should get a refund for the down time - the only problem is - they usually only give refunds when service is restored.

B@rrels

Expert Member
Whenever my lines are out of order/stolen I don't get charged for the time I am without service.A Telkom techie told me it is automated.

savage

Expert Member
Whenever my lines are out of order/stolen I don't get charged for the time I am without service.A Telkom techie told me it is automated.
+1

Just log a fault on the line too so that you have proof that telkom was informed. The refunds are generally tied to a line fault.

As far as I know, they don't suspend services if there's a outstanding fault on the line.

aybbleek

Expert Member
My line was burned due to fire and was still invoiced. Had to pay the invoice and then request a refund

Moto Guzzi

Telkom have a message on 10210 which says you would be credited for no use of the service.