Low Cars / Modded car thread.

The lines have become pretty blurred since the OP.

In general, it's like putting a 1GB GPU in your PC instead of a 8GB GPU because it looks better than the 4GB GPU. That was the OP's stance and those who agree with him. Which is moronic.

Fair enough, I kind of lost sight of the OP a long time ago. I wasn't trying to compare to that, I was just pointing out how retarded it sounds saying you can't buy anything you will enjoy because it doesn't make financial sense, that sounds like the most boring life in the world
 
You need to sharpen your comprehension skills. I was talking to R4ziel directly, I never claimed general population in any of my posts. If you have a R 30k PC, you are not part of the general population. General population buy their intel onboard GPU shyte from Mackro and Dions. R4ziel, clearly indicated he has an expensive machine I was talking to him directly when you quoted me.

As you were talking to an individual before when calling folk stupid for modding their cars?
 
If I could afford a R 3m car I would obviously buy it, but not for investment or not buy it because it doesn't make financial sense. I'll do it because I can.

Say what? Isn't this what I was saying all the time?
 
I gave the example of my PC because most people think its a waste of money like is suggested here with buying an expensive car. For me the 50K+ I spent on my PC is the same as someone buying a R1m vehicle, which I would norafok be able to afford. To me its a lot invested and I am proud of it. Obviously I spent a lot more time in front of my PC than I do in my car (basic polo if you must know), but although I do enjoy cars, I can't justify an expensive car as I wouldn't get as much joy out of it as I would a PC.

What I was trying to achieve, is argue to Konfab's point where he pretty much alluded to the fact that an expensive car is a bad purchase because it doesn't make sense mathematically, as it costs you a ****load. So what, if you can afford it go right ahead, if you enjoy it, which sounds like Splinter does, then great! your money, your life.

I've met people who bought a R12m yacht and sailed with it once in 10 years, then sold it for stupid cheap, that definitely doesn't make sense mathematically, but so the heck what, it is his money and he did what he thought he would enjoy.

Konfab makes it sound like you should consider every single purchase you make and whether that makes financial sense or not, no emotion attached to it at all. By that token all of my purchases would have been wrong Xd

I think this says it all. Thumbs up.
 
Can't believe these guys, they hounded OP out of his own thread so that they can talk about computer games.:rolleyes:

Hush now. It's not like you contributing anything yourself. And, I think, it actually has been an interesting and informative diversion of the thread - no matter which side of the divide you stand on.
 
Build your PC, Go on holiday , drop your car. You do whatever you like.
 
Say what? Isn't this what I was saying all the time?

I don't care what you do or not...

I have a right to call people stupid for moding their cars' suspension. Your discussion between spending X amount on cars for Y reason is between you and konfab. Keep up here will you. Your lack of following a discussion is annoying as fark. I came into your discussion pointing out your flaw in taking on konfab's finances without knowing his net worth.

The discussion as per the OP is regarding lowing the suspension on a car that is designed perfectly for the road conditions, which is moronic.
 
Last edited:
I don't care what you do or not...

I have a right to call people stupid for moding their cars' suspension. Your discussion between spending X amount on cars for Y reason is between you and konfab. Keep up here will you. Your lack of following a discussion is annoying as fark. I came into your discussion pointing out your flaw in taking on confab's finances without knowing his net worth.

The discussion as per the OP is regarding lowing the suspension on a car that is designed perfectly for the road conditions, which is moronic.
From ignorant to a tard in just a few days ? Man you need to slow down immediately ...
 
I don't care what you do or not...

I have a right to call people stupid for moding their cars' suspension. Your discussion between spending X amount on cars for Y reason is between you and konfab. Keep up here will you. Your lack of following a discussion is annoying as fark. I came into your discussion pointing out your flaw in taking on konfab's finances without knowing his net worth.

The discussion as per the OP is regarding lowing the suspension on a car that is designed perfectly for the road conditions, which is moronic.

No, you don't have a right to do so. And as you say, you came into the discussion... Missing the point again hey. No surprise there.

And no, it's not designed perfectly - it's designed to be as good as it can be within certain design, engineering and cost parameters, for as many road conditions as possible. You can actually get better suspension if you pay for it.

Also, if it's "perfect", then you are saying it can never be improved on in the future - which is patently incorrect given that technology advances. I could tell you what is actually moronic, but choose not to do so to avoid an infraction...
 
No, you don't have a right to do so. And as you say, you came into the discussion... Missing the point again hey. No surprise there.

And no, it's not designed perfectly - it's designed to be as good as it can be within certain design, engineering and cost parameters, for as many road conditions as possible. You can actually get better suspension if you pay for it.

Also, if it's "perfect", then you are saying it can never be improved on in the future - which is patently incorrect given that technology advances. I could tell you what is actually moronic, but choose not to do so to avoid an infraction...

All over the place aren’t you... Yes they are designed perfectly for that specific vehicle so no, as it stands that is the best that 135s suspension will ever be. Never denied that there could not be advances in future to be built into future models.

You reason like a child, probably the reason we don’t seem to be able to have an adult discussion.

But I’m sure you will have some kind of retort since you lack basic comprehension. Good luck with that...
 
Last edited:
No, you don't have a right to do so. And as you say, you came into the discussion... Missing the point again hey. No surprise there.

And no, it's not designed perfectly - it's designed to be as good as it can be within certain design, engineering and cost parameters, for as many road conditions as possible. You can actually get better suspension if you pay for it.

Also, if it's "perfect", then you are saying it can never be improved on in the future - which is patently incorrect given that technology advances. I could tell you what is actually moronic, but choose not to do so to avoid an infraction...

Better for what? Going around corners faster than the law allows?
 
All over the place aren’t you... Yes they are designed perfectly for that specific vehicle so no, as it stands that is the best that 135s suspension will ever be. Never denied that there could not be advances in future to be built into future models.

You reason like a child, probably the reason we don’t seem to be able to have an adult discussion.

But I’m sure you will have some kind of retort since you lack basic comprehension. Good luck with that...

Ag sweet man, you using your fall-back "you lack comprehension" line. Which you haul out every time you backed into a corner i.e. very, very often! :)

No, it's not the best that it could be. They could use uber expensive materials to make it even better, but then they would price the car out of the market.
 
Better for what? Going around corners faster than the law allows?

The law states speed limits for corners?

PS - you scraping the bottom of the barrel now. Or, to fit this thread, you not just scraping speed bumps, you hitting the tarmac now!
 
Give that cr to a racing group for track use. FIrst thing they will change is the suspension. Which will make it faster around the track, a smooth piece of tar, not holes or sudden bumps. SO yes, you can get better suspension.

But then take that car of the track and see what happen. you bottom out on bumpy road, damaging your vehicle and the tyres. If the suspension cannot absorb the bump your tyre wall needs to do the rest. And it can, up to a point. SO expect warped and bent rims.
The last part that absorb the bumps and holes is your arse. So expect a sore but, lowerback in spasms and just overall a ****ty ride.
All for the sake of filling your arches.

And that is not even talking about scraping along the speedbumps...
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X