Massive Hamburgers

ColonelJAck

Busy watching a program on the Food Network about Burger joints in the USA.
Some really nice looking burgers.
Does anyone know of a place in Cape Town where really big burgers can be bought?

Something like this :
20131229_204244.jpg

biometrics

Honorary Master
http://www.sauls.co.za/beat.php

These extra-large portion sizes are taken to the extreme with Saul’s Famous 1.2kg burger. Home of the renowned Beat the Burger challenge Saul puts it to any of his guests to finish the massive 1.2kg burger plus chips in under 15 minutes. If you do manage to Beat the Burger you will join the ranks of mere hundreds who have achieved this before you and have your name immortalised on the Beat the Burger wall as well as receive a T-shirt, certificate and a R50 voucher.

big-burger.jpg

Last edited:

bwana

MyBroadband
Super Moderator
Why don't you just make one yourself? Right now I'm digesting a fairly substantial burger I made for supper.

If anyone is looking for inspiration check out the Burger Land series.

akescpt

Honorary Master
Why don't you just make one yourself? Right now I'm digesting a fairly substantial burger I made for supper.

Love that series. Must still check why it stopped so suddenly.

Keeper

Honorary Master
These extra-large portion sizes are taken to the extreme with Saul’s Famous 1.2kg burger. Home of the renowned Beat the Burger challenge Saul puts it to any of his guests to finish the massive 1.2kg burger plus chips in under 15 minutes. If you do manage to Beat the Burger you will join the ranks of mere hundreds who have achieved this before you and have your name immortalised on the Beat the Burger wall as well as receive a T-shirt, certificate and a R50 voucher.

Interesting. I'll attempt that challenge.
I better call Saul.

ColonelJAck

Not a bad idea.
The wife is contemplating what all to include and how much mince we'll need, etc.
Where would you get the buns though?

Lupus

Honorary Master
15 minutes seems to be a little too short, now to find a place like that in Joeys :)

Stefanmuller

Expert Member
Check out Burger Fair in Bellville c/o Park&Strand street (voortrekker). Its an old school drive-in joint and apparently has huge burgers.

medicnick83

Paramedic
Starlight Diner!!! Try that! Especially the Tygervalley branch

Try the Yankee Doodle Burger ! ;) I must go there again!

Last edited:

ponder

Honorary Master
Size does not equal quality!

Then again if you can chow a 1.2kg burger you are a glutton. I struggle with 2x 200gr home made burgers so 1.2kg would feed four people for me.