Massive Hamburgers

Number Six

I eat at Burger Fair all the time and actually really like their chips. I'm also guaranteed to have a bowel movement shortly after :D

That's the used sump oil they fry the chips in. ;)

Shake&Bake

Party Liaison
Man - I'm never around for The Dog's Bollocks. :eek:
But the pulled pork tacos from The Bitches Tits are awesome :D

ajv

That's the used sump oil they fry the chips in. ;)

May very well be judging by the place's appearance. Over the years (for as far back as I can remember) I must have built up a tolerance :D

MrR

Expert Member
Saints Burger Joint opened (relocated) in Eden on the Bay a few months ago.
Have been there a couple of times now and they have tasty burgers, craft beer and a lekka vibe to go with it.

They have a burger called the mothership that looks nearly impossible to finish in one sitting. Haven't tried it myself, but I've seen it up close.

THE MOTHER SHIP
Here is our man vs. Food challenge! 1 kg chargrilled ground beef burger, two sauces of your choice, two sides and 1l mug of beer. Finish it in less than 30 minutes and it’s yours for free! Otherwise you are in for 250 BUCKS.

Apparently you need to confirm the rules with the waitron/acting manager before attempting it; one waitron may say that you only need to complete the burger whereas the other waitron will say that you need to complete the beer and sides as well.

Batista

Executive Member
hqdefault.jpg

ITCynic

Expert Member
The Brass Bell in Kalk Bay does awesome burgers. (The area outside, not inside) More gourmet burgers than massive.

Shah33m

Expert Member
Woodies in the craftmarket at the waterfront. The burgers on their facebook page look really good.

ponder

Honorary Master
The Brass Bell in Kalk Bay does awesome burgers. (The area outside, not inside) More gourmet burgers than massive.

Geez that place still around! How bout Ancient Mariner in Simonstown?

ant_man

Expert Member
Saints Burger Joint opened (relocated) in Eden on the Bay a few months ago.
Have been there a couple of times now and they have tasty burgers, craft beer and a lekka vibe to go with it.

They have a burger called the mothership that looks nearly impossible to finish in one sitting. Haven't tried it myself, but I've seen it up close.

Apparently you need to confirm the rules with the waitron/acting manager before attempting it; one waitron may say that you only need to complete the burger whereas the other waitron will say that you need to complete the beer and sides as well.

After reading your post we made a turn there tonight.

My kid and his mate decided to try the mother ship.

Holy cr#p, the burger is massive.
They substituted the beer for Lipton ice tea, 1 litre jug of the stuff.

We came home with over half of the burger.

Awesome place, vibe and service, will definately go back.

Attachments

• 1398550466057.jpg
    1398550466057.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 367

Shake&Bake

Party Liaison
R250 for a burger, sides and a beer?
Pass.

EDIT: And that pretzel bun looks like its the most filling thing on the plate too.

DJ...

Banned
My house... :D

This thread inspired an awesome chilli cheese burger midnight snack.

uploadfromtaptalk1398556064611.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1398556082295.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1398556099870.jpg

Nicci

Honorary Master
They're massive burgers, doubt 1kg though.

But massive.

1234962_10151608377962032_964601283_n-636x310.jpg

Oh this looks delicious but I will ask to go easy on the lettuce gosh I don't like so much lettuce on a burger. That is maybe why it looks so big - 80% lettuce.

Nicci

Honorary Master
Woodies in the craftmarket at the waterfront. The burgers on their facebook page look really good.

I have to say this is the BEST BEST burger I have eaten! Royal Eatery and Hudsons (My favourite) does not come close! I had the mushroom burger, with chips. Their chips is the BEST its home made chips (not the frozen ones) and it tastes even better than my home made ones. Honestly if you live in Cape Town you have to try it!!

They are in that craft / food market at the Waterfront, it used to be that big CD Warehouse that has been converted into like a food market - well worth a visit!

Sinbad

Honorary Master
For those closer to Joburg, Stonehaven on Vaal does some epic huge burgers too...

saor

Honorary Master
They are in that craft / food market at the Waterfront, it used to be that big CD Warehouse that has been converted into like a food market - well worth a visit!
Is is open every day or is it that market that's only open one or two days a week at the waterfront? Was the mushroom burger a patty & mushroom or was it a veg burger?