Mind the speed ISP

wingnut771

Honorary Master
Earlier this year, Openserve when live in our area. Would you stay with Vuma or would you move to Openserve? As the prices are generally cheaper.
Move to Openserve. Teach Vuma a lesson.

Zenbaas

Honorary Master
I am constantly having issues with MTS where I only get half my line speed or worse. Then you have to jump through their standard checklist and speedtests etc etc and after ages it "suddenly" is back to normal. Now once again I'm back to less than half my line speed. It's starting to get really frustrating.

Captain Morgan

I am constantly having issues with MTS where I only get half my line speed or worse. Then you have to jump through their standard checklist and speedtests etc etc and after ages it "suddenly" is back to normal. Now once again I'm back to less than half my line speed. It's starting to get really frustrating.

I've experienced the same. For me it was the download speed. After countless emails, test this and test that, I had enough and cancelled.

Zenbaas

Honorary Master
I've experienced the same. For me it was the download speed. After countless emails, test this and test that, I had enough and cancelled.
So I had Openserve out and they tested the line which was fine. We then tested things further and it seems the Zytel router was the problem causing intermittent issues. They have sent a new router (Hauwei AX3) and so far things seems to be running smoothly again. They were very on the ball with organizing and sending a replacement router though.

Intox

So I had Openserve out and they tested the line which was fine. We then tested things further and it seems the Zytel router was the problem causing intermittent issues. They have sent a new router (Hauwei AX3) and so far things seems to be running smoothly again. They were very on the ball with organizing and sending a replacement router though.

That Zyxel router is horrible, had to reboot the damn thing multiple times a day just to try and keep my wifi devices connected.
I bought a different router earlier this year and smooth sailing ever since.

Kawak

Expert Member
Hi all, just got latest invoice from mindthespeed on vuma, the price increase is over R100pm, did vuma increase their prices again? Or did MTS decide that they want to start milking customers.

rh1

Expert Member
Hi all, just got latest invoice from mindthespeed on vuma, the price increase is over R100pm, did vuma increase their prices again? Or did MTS decide that they want to start milking customers.
See post 439. I created a price list.

rrh

Expert Member
MTS advised their clients of the pending increase on the 29th November ... best check both your inbox and the postings in this forum from said date.

mjzar

The second thing

STORMERSFAN

Expert Member
So guys I wanna get a ups.. Will it work with mts as my buddy said I must find out whether they have back up power wheel LS kicks in.. Also if it does work.. Any suggestions on a ups that will last minimum of three hours? Thx in advance

rh1

Expert Member
So guys I wanna get a ups.. Will it work with mts as my buddy said I must find out whether they have back up power wheel LS kicks in.. Also if it does work.. Any suggestions on a ups that will last minimum of three hours? Thx in advance
I have two mini ups connected.

1 x 12v connected to the ONT device, went through 3 x 2h15/2h30 loadshedding slots in a day.
1 x 9v connected to my wifi router, went through 3 x 2h15/2h30 loadsheeding slots in a day.

1st Device: https://www.geewiz.co.za/ups/122378...ower-bank-supply-3848wh-2x-12v-1x-5v-usb.html

2nd Device: https://www.geewiz.co.za/ups/138741...ank-supply-3848wh-1x-12v-1x-9v-1x-5v-usb.html

Edit: They out of stock.

Both of these devices, I needed to buy a separate 2amp 12v charger/power supply. As my ONT and Wifi Router power supply were 1 amp or lower.

I am with MTS on Vumatel. I think it is not the ISP but more on whose network you are? I might be wrong.