Movie Mini-Review Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Airplane - 11/10

?
Airplane%21.jpg
 
Finally watched Godzilla the other day... Really enjoyed it, didn't feature Godzilla that much, but I kinda think that is a good thing. It really channeled a lot from the original 1954 film, but also stood on it's own.

Like 7~8/10... Let's call it a 7.5/10.
 
Lucy - 7.5/10

I will not hide behind the fact that it scores better thanks to ScarJo :D
I initially thought this was going to be some OTT action movie, but ended up being caught between trying to be psychological and semi-action. It deals with the "what if we had access to our entire cerebral capacity"... not a new concept, but handled well enough.
 
Lucy - 7.5/10

I will not hide behind the fact that it scores better thanks to ScarJo :D
I initially thought this was going to be some OTT action movie, but ended up being caught between trying to be psychological and semi-action. It deals with the "what if we had access to our entire cerebral capacity"... not a new concept, but handled well enough.

whats the copy like you watched?
 
The Rover - this is some weird ass movie, freaking me out just watching it and i'm only 30 mins through.....
 
Into the Storm - 6/10

It is not another "The Day After Tomorrow" and not another "Twister" either. What it is is a roller-coaster ride and I mean it. There isn't that much of a story but you have never seen so many smiles when leaving the cinema.

You absolutely HAVE to watch it on the biggest screen you can find with the sound set to full volume and a sub shaking the paint of your walls! The film sort of puts you in the storm with the people running around. The camera work is very clever in my opinion.

There are some unrealistic/unbelievable things though (well actually a lot) but considering what this movie is it doesn't really matter.

I wont give too much away but there is a scene where a car is picked up by a twister and you are sort of sitting in the car while it happens. Flippen AWESOME fun. It belongs in the theme park :D
 
Last edited:
Began Boyhood last night. It's like 2h45 so we will finish tonight. So far it's ... kind of a masterpiece. There's something powerful about just the act of watching people ageing and changing on screen.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X