Movie Mini-Review Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Martian - 7 or maybe 7.5

Another suspend your disbelief movie.

Very pretty but no wow factor for me.

Trivia - Leonardo DiCaprio can grow a better beard than Matt Damon.
 
The Martian - 7 or maybe 7.5

Another suspend your disbelief movie.

Very pretty but no wow factor for me.

Trivia - Leonardo DiCaprio can grow a better beard than Matt Damon.

Heh, it's about a manned mission to Mars...you had to suspend your disbelief from the get-go. Your rating is agreeable :)

I really enjoyed the humour and the music choices...the movie had a smile on my face most of the runtime.
 
Anyone notice that ever since the (many) leaked DVDScreeners came out this thread has become noticeable more active....

Just putting it out there
 
My last few flicks:

Sicario - 8/10
The Revenant - 7/10
The Martian - 7/10
The Hateful 8 - 6.5/10
 
The Revenant

5/10

Slow, sad, weak story line.. Tom out shines Leo imo

Watch once only flick..
 
In the heart of the sea
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1451584461.363671.jpg

3/10
Tried to be epic, wasn't.
Tried to be a prequel, wasn't.
Tried to be historic/period, wasn't.
Not sure what it was ..
Not my bag though..
 
A Walk in the Woods - 7/10.

I had great fun watching this, as I'm a huge fan of the book. I felt they kept the spirit alive, although they skimped a bit on the toughness aspect.

Gorgeous landscape, too. Definitely plan on visiting those spectacular mountain ranges and vast woods at some point.
 
The Peanuts Movie - 7/10. Overly safe, reverential adaptation of the comic but we still enjoyed it. The animation style is original and it's easy to watch.
 
The Intern - 6/10. not the funniest movie, but funny enough to enjoy.
The maze runner: scorch trials - 5/10. I was bored with this one, didn't move the story forward at all, guess everything important will happen in the next movie.
Star Wars: The Force Awakens - 7/10. Similar storyline to episode IV, but it was still fun enough to watch.
 
Steve Jobs 1/10. They couldn't do a proper bio because Kutcher nailed that one so what you have here is a talky lead up to the Mac. Switched if after 30min
 
The Big Short - 7/10

About the people that shorted the property crash in 2008. Great movie.
 
A Walk in the Woods - 7/10.

I had great fun watching this, as I'm a huge fan of the book. I felt they kept the spirit alive, although they skimped a bit on the toughness aspect.

Gorgeous landscape, too. Definitely plan on visiting those spectacular mountain ranges and vast woods at some point.

Awesome, I'm keen to give it a watch.
 
The Hateful 8. 4/10. Self indulgent mess with a bunch of guys taking to each other in a room for 2 hours broken by excessive violence.
Maybe a movie that requires a few viewings to appreciate but I think QT overplays his signature hand here.
 
American Hero (2015) - 5/7

WTF did I just watched?

"Melvin, a reluctant Superhero, lives only for crime, women and drugs - until he realises that the only way he will ever get to see his estranged son is to go straight and fulfil his potential as a crime fighter." - imdb.com
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X