Movie Mini-Review Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sicario,man I shoulda watched it earlier. Pulls you in from the get go and the acting and production was damn decent.Also didn't quite go in the direction I thought it would. 7.5/10
 
^ All y'all been watching the wrong Michael Mann movie.

The Last of the Mohicans (1992). 9/10.
That's how you make a movie and that's how you arrange the score for a movie. Two hours of movie heaven. Haven't watched this in yonks and if anything it seemed better now. DDL was fantastic (and really fit apparently) and 1992 Madeleine Stowe is something else.
Also, did I mention Trevor Jones' score?
 
Concussion (2015) 7/10

"In Pittsburgh, accomplished pathologist Dr. Bennet Omalu uncovers the truth about brain damage in football players who suffer repeated concussions in the course of normal play." Based on a true story; interesting & well told. Really good performance from Will Smith as the forensic pathologist from Nigeria; accent included.
 
Not sure why but the soundtrack works...Groove Armada, Audioslave, Paul Oakenfold. It shouldn't work but it does somehow.

Bet you'll never forget where Miles Davis 'learned' jazz :)

Still listen to them regularly on my iPod. Great soundtrack
 
Trumbo - 7.5/10

Good movie, just bad decision making at times.
 
The Finest Hours (2016) - 8/10

What an awesome movie! Glad I watched it on the big screen just for the visuals of those waves and the boats in the storm alone. And I won't lie - there may have been a tear or two at the end.
 
Sicario. 8.5/10 - This is the best police thriller I've seen since The Departed. 2 hours of pulse pounding cinema. Unique score heightens tension.
 
Burnt (2015) 6/10

Alright job from Bradley Cooper but the story itself caters on the bland side. Should have better considering the strong overall cast.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X