MTN extends 2GB for R189 promotion

I may a complete newbie, but how is this deal better than 8ta 10GB/pm for R199? Is there something that I am missing?

R95 a gig, still too much I beleive. Mobile data price should be comparable to ADSL data price.

vodacom are still charging R249 for 1GB... :wtf: When are they gonna pull finger??? :mad:

I may a complete newbie, but how is this deal better than 8ta 10GB/pm for R199? Is there something that I am missing?

you can only use 8ta/Telkom 3G towers...and their coverage is very poor in my area...

you can only use 8ta/Telkom 3G towers...and their coverage is very poor in my area...

Wait till they get coverage you'll find their service to be pretty fast compare to mtn/vodacom...enjoying my BROADBAND on the 10gig promo for the last five months now.

ok now Im annoyed :mad:

MTN support number porting, right? So I can move over to MTN and keep my 072 xxx xxxx number??

Yep. :)

Vote with your feet. That's the only thing they understand.

If you want data for your phone in addition to your call contract, you can't use that 8ta deal

I hope this means that 8ta will be extending its R149 promo as well, then i will be very happy.

The MTN special is for an ad hoc once off data bundle to add to your existing services.

The 8ta deal is on a 24 month contract.

Last edited:
I think MTN has got the best broadband value proposition in the market in terms of network reach and pricing. This R189 for 2GB deal is the best for prepaid. You can use it in many more places than 8ta's offers which are severely limited by their coverage. I don't even have pure 8ta coverage in my pad - only MTN roaming meaning I can't use it.

Right now they have got a R99/mth for 2GB on contract for 24mth through Autopage which literally pisses on Vodacom's R99/mth for 1 + 1 GB contract offer.

That is R50/GB per month from MTN.

Thank you MyBB guys for the update.

Right now they have got a R99/mth for 2GB on contract for 24mth through Autopage
link please

I'm personally weary of Autopage. Explain this, on their data deals page they have the Huawei E353 for a "total monthly cost" of R129 per month. But the "Subscription" is R149 in bold red. So what do I pay?

Situation: You have an MTN cell phone contract. Your smart phone needs data. You now get data cheaper.

Ok so how is this the "most attractive internet promotion on offer today"?

I was with MTN for 2 years, and trust me, their "broadband" is utter crap. I now have a phone on Virgin, and one on 8ta (3gb special).

Back