MTN network problems in Gauteng

cyberarmy

Expert Member
Data service not WORKING!!! (Around 12 o'clock).

Last edited:

ndlovue6

but warned that it may take some time considering the number of subscribers on their network.

just like Telkom, they are never sure when the problem will be resolved.

grapjas

The data service is definitely affected.
My connection drops every couple of minutes.

Anzo_the O.N.E.

I had some data issues yesterday kept disconnecting and calls were being dropped like 'elephant bums on wet sticky mud' had to redial over 5 times to get through....... nc nc nc

Aharon

Honorary Master

hi,

does anyone know about the 258 problem - when I call it's last updated 02/03/2010 which is super-irritating.

Thanks

labratza

Expert Member
people will post about the weirdest things just to get there post count iup jvc

Last edited:

yebocan

Honorary Master
oddly this morning could not access any of my voice or data services- got voice error, you service has been suspended ---- could call 808 though....Something about sim reset....was advised to switch off and on...and it worked....and i am in Cape Town CBD....

rpm

Admin
Staff member
Official MTN statement

MTN experienced call setup problems affecting its voice and SMS services in the Randburg, Roodepoort, and Sandton areas. Recovery is in progress and services are restoring. MTN apologises for any inconvenience experienced by our customers.

b03r3s

Its not only MTN; Vodacom and Cell-C had network outages last week. I think these guys are busy with upgrades or servicing the network and not giving the consumers any notice.

Nips

My SP told me "MTN are experiencing a network outage, please be patient", I asked them how patient they would be if I experienced a payment outage? - No response.

PPJ

Good question

My SP told me "MTN are experiencing a network outage, please be patient", I asked them how patient they would be if I experienced a payment outage? - No response.

+1 LOL

Opium

When voice and messaging were down, my data was down too.

Network unavailable means just that, MTN.