Mweb Stay Away!!!

MwebSucks

Hi

I have a account with MWEB where they host my fiber line and act as my ISP. I would like to warn everybody out there that they do not deliver om what they set out do when you signup. I have a 40Mpbs Fiber line and between 7-9PM they throttle me back so much my internet is useless. On a good day I get < 4Mpbs. 10% of my line speed.

I have tried to fix this with them for +5 weeks now, but to now avail. No one at MWEB is competent to solve my problem. So I asked they cancel my account and refund me so I can move to a new ISP. But they expect me to serve a 30 day notice EVEN when I get so slow speeds I can not use the internet.

I use there website http://www.mweb.co.za/help/Fibre/FaultsandTroubleshooting/FibreSpeedTest.aspx
to test and here are some results.

http://mweb.speedtestcustom.com/result/eb922800-77cf-11e8-8ae2-8928f2314844
http://mweb.speedtestcustom.com/result/f48a9010-77ce-11e8-a6e5-e36392383837

Has anybody else experienced such slow speeds from MWEB and have they manage to fix it?
If there are some MWEB users out there can you please do the same test from there site to the London Server and post your results with your line speed.

SeaSickMama

Expert Member
Hi

I have a account with MWEB where they host my fiber line and act as my ISP. I would like to warn everybody out there that they do not deliver om what they set out do when you signup. I have a 40Mpbs Fiber line and between 7-9PM they throttle me back so much my internet is useless. On a good day I get < 4Mpbs. 10% of my line speed.

I have tried to fix this with them for +5 weeks now, but to now avail. No one at MWEB is competent to solve my problem. So I asked they cancel my account and refund me so I can move to a new ISP. But they expect me to serve a 30 day notice EVEN when I get so slow speeds I can not use the internet.

I use there website http://www.mweb.co.za/help/Fibre/FaultsandTroubleshooting/FibreSpeedTest.aspx
to test and here are some results.

http://mweb.speedtestcustom.com/result/eb922800-77cf-11e8-8ae2-8928f2314844
http://mweb.speedtestcustom.com/result/f48a9010-77ce-11e8-a6e5-e36392383837

Has anybody else experienced such slow speeds from MWEB and have they manage to fix it?
If there are some MWEB users out there can you please do the same test from there site to the London Server and post your results with your line speed.

haha you deserve what you get for going with them in the first place. One thing are you on the openserve network in terms of your fibre as i have heard many people having slow speeds no matter the ISP on openserve fibre

UrBaN963

Honorary Master
HI [MENTION=529437]MwebSucks[/MENTION]

I recently had similar poor service. Eventually plastered a detailed write up of all of my dealings and conversations with them all over their Facebook page and Twitter and threatened legal action for their fraudulent business practices.

Issue was resolved the next day.

MwebSucks

[MENTION=282906]under_sky[/MENTION]. Best time to kick a man is when he is down. :twisted: all jokes aside, I went through weeks of testing, eliminating Openserve. They (Mweb) even gave me a afrihost username to test with, which yielded 4x the speed of the mweb one, although only 50%-60% of my line speed. I really tried to be fair with them and gave them a fair go at fixing this, but they just pass the buck to the next incompetent technical support who also do not know how to fix anything.

[MENTION=418366]UrBaN963[/MENTION] I am not big on Facebook. Can you please send me there page link. I also would like to share my experience with them and everybody else, so no one sit with the same problem.

Anthro

Expert Member
Wait a minute.. [MENTION=529437]MwebSucks[/MENTION]
MWEB gave you an [MENTION=120807]Afrihost[/MENTION] account?! to test with hahahah WTF
Proof please of this conversation if you will

Jou_ma_se_Fiber

[MENTION=529437]MwebSucks[/MENTION], I have the same issue and I'm on a 100mpbs and only get 8 to 12mpbs if I'm lucky internationally. This is still ongoing and all that MWEB can say 'MWEB is not responsible for international fiber speeds only local'. Yes MWEB we all know the internet is in JHB and that's why we are complaining about slow speeds.

SeaSickMama

Expert Member
[MENTION=282906]under_sky[/MENTION]. Best time to kick a man is when he is down. :twisted: all jokes aside, I went through weeks of testing, eliminating Openserve. They (Mweb) even gave me a afrihost username to test with, which yielded 4x the speed of the mweb one, although only 50%-60% of my line speed. I really tried to be fair with them and gave them a fair go at fixing this, but they just pass the buck to the next incompetent technical support who also do not know how to fix anything.

[MENTION=418366]UrBaN963[/MENTION] I am not big on Facebook. Can you please send me there page link. I also would like to share my experience with them and everybody else, so no one sit with the same problem.

Sorry i had to they just that useless, anyways besides that get them to have a look at your line and see what the loss is on the fibre, your problem could be that side. When i had fibre installed at my place they had loss at first but after replacing the fibre to the house my loss was perfect. Just a possibility that its the problem since you still not getting 100% of your line speed no matter who you use. All they do is come to your house with a meter and do the check, if i recall they can do this check from their side as its a GPON network.

fixx

I actually have the same issue and from my findings it seems like an issue on Openserve's network. I have tried my connection with a few dialups and they all yield the same results at night.

DERoestorf

haha you deserve what you get for going with them in the first place. One thing are you on the openserve network in terms of your fibre as i have heard many people having slow speeds no matter the ISP on openserve fibre

LOL, I echo you statement. TBH, how many people on here including myself have been posting constantly to stay away from any fibre provider who also offers adsl.

Honestly, I cannot feel bad for them anymore.

MwebSucks

Where to?

Thanks for all your response.
So now that we (I) know MWEB Sucks, where do I move to? I am Internet-less until my line is placed in holding pool and I can move to new ISP.

Cool Ideas, Level7?

[MENTION=15900]Anthro[/MENTION], my account is discontinued with MWEB now, so I do not have access to this information. I still have the username and password and all the results of the test if that will interest you.

[MENTION=13681]fixx[/MENTION], we did a lot of tests to to eliminate openserve. That was their goto answer for everything, until we eliminated openserve, then the ummm and aaaaa started. With the Afrihost username and password I got 4x the speed(although still 50% of Line speed), with no changes to openserve.

Moby Grape

Honorary Master
Oversubscription
Either way it's a best effort service. If you want guaranteed speeds get a business account at 4x the price