South Africa’s biggest forum. Discuss, discover, and connect with thousands of members.
Yo PeterCH, do you mean full speed on http based downloads or p2p 24/7?
HTTP. I assume XBOX LIVE will be hosted on a server and not P2P. I haven't tried P2P on MWEB.
k cool, thanks. Would also think so yes, or maybe they host it on a server and use p2p to share it? Like Blizzard does for their patches. (Not sure if it still works like that). They host their patches on servers but use p2p protocols so that you can download them... right? Correct me if I'm wrong. MWEB will then still shape that right?
Depends on the type of P2P or the port used I guess. However, it's pretty lame of Blizzard not to be able to afford server b/w for patches and demos. For HTTP DL's MWEB is king - I'm going at 435KB/sec atm.
You must really have bad luck because I can do full speed 24/7. Are you sure that the server itself wasn't slow?
<snip>
From our side, how do we know what we do is considered abuse and what isn't?
<snip>
Haha take a good look at those T&C's again, everything is worded in a way that protects themselves whilst giving them the ability to say it protects its users too...
Ensuring that the users are protected, would be to divulge the information we need to ensure we dont impede anyone else's service through Mweb.. - Does that not make sense?
I meant protecting users in the sense that shaping and acceptable usage is in place to ensure that everyone can always browse and access email. That's the idea at least.
When you get a warning email from MWeb, then you'll know. They have to protect themselves and their users and so they include such a clause in the T&C. Shaping effectively prevents saturation of the service during peak hours.
My newgroup downloads hit max from late SaturdayHaven't downloaded anything since yesterday afternoon - but I'll check again tonight.
Getting 410kb/s atm.
EDIT: Can't get to most international sites - which might be why the newsgroups are fast - anyone have this problem?
In other words it's geared towards light browsing - full stop. Anything else is at the whim of Mweb. We don't need uncapped to do that.
Then why has heavy shaping been happening on weekends and in the morning after midnight?