MWEB Uncapped ADSL - Official Q & A

Status
Not open for further replies.
I applied for the all inclusive 4MB line on 10 April 2010 and still nothing. Its now 5-May-2010!!!! :mad:
So how long should this take? Whats up with the service?

At this point, still nothing, no communication (unless I personally call)...nada. When consultant assure me that they will call back, nothing....

On a side note - if i were to cancel this subscription, would I still be liable for payment seeing that I have not actually used the service since the service is not active? And does the 30-day notice period apply?

Dude, I had the same issue. Signed up for 512kb all inclusive uncapped service. Had to upgrade from my 384kb line, and it all went screwy. Waited 4 weeks to get it sorted. My application got stuck at "pending" or something, and they never processed it. I PM'ed MWEB rep here, and he escalated my prob to MWEB, and as sure as hell, 10min after he mailed me back, MWEB called. Since then it went smooth, the lady almost called me everyday to confirm things are going well, and that I'll receive my 512 line in a week. So hopefully MWEB rep can help you out.
 
Guys... why are the pings so ####ing high?? 300ms to jhb?? Has it always been like this on the uncapped accounts or what? :mad::mad::mad::mad:
 
Couldnt agree more. Really getting impatient!

Same boat AS ALL of you!

Its 50KB/s on the freaking Dot. I was happy at a quarter of my line speed which was 100KB/s then after 12ish I could get more. Just called the help line thingy and did a reset for me, jumped to +- 120 for 2 minutes then bang, right back down to 50KB/s. Stuff That! Im not paying for an 1/8th of my line speed thank you very much.
 
Last edited:
MWEB

Please go to www.discovery.com/mythbusters and try to stream some of the videos there. IT IS NOT WORKING on a 4Mbps line. This is really ticking me off. It is 19:00 and I cannot stream video. Please sort this out!
 
Same site on my Fishbone work account (12Mb/s) is loading super fast, IIRC using Vox Datapro (aka SAIX)

IS is the big thorn in our side.:erm::)
 
Last edited:
Please go to www.discovery.com/mythbusters and try to stream some of the videos there. IT IS NOT WORKING on a 4Mbps line.
Hi farimir,

Its under investigation, seems to be related to (& affecting) all Akamai hosted content. We're also looking into the national latency issues from certain regions.

Appreciate your patience.

MWB.
 
Guys... why are the pings so ####ing high?? 300ms to jhb?? Has it always been like this on the uncapped accounts or what? :mad::mad::mad::mad:

im having similar problems,my ping used to be around 40-45 now its 340! wtf and downloads speeds gone to sh%t
 
Dear MWEB,

I am getting a ping of 300ms+ from Cape Town... Is this a temporary problem or a normal ping for a 384 uncapped line?

 
Tanya35, perhaps moaners get spethal treatment or something?

806437908.png


16340865.png


Im happy with 55ms, thats as good as its gets from cpt to jhb on pingtest.
 
Last edited:
Hi farimir,

Its under investigation, seems to be related to (& affecting) all Akamai hosted content. We're also looking into the national latency issues from certain regions.

Appreciate your patience.

MWB.

HI MWEB

Supersport.co.za streaming is also dismal the last few weeks. Can you please look into it??
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X