MWEB Uncapped ADSL - Official Q & A

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think M-Web was not prepared for the new months signups so everyone is suffering .Constantly got speeds of 430KB/s on axxess express +,but only getting between 40 and 50KB/s after hours.Sometimes late at night at 0100 getting very eratic speeds of 80 to 100KB/s.So i am sticking around for now to see if they can fix the problem.Getting 20 to 30KB/s during the day which is the way axxess throttled their express + accounts.
 
Getting horrible speeds at the moment on 384kps connection, timeout from everything over and over.

Is something wrong again? Before the seacom problem I was enjoying mweb. Not so much anymore since its been fixed.
 
Dear MWB / Ops

I am now officially complaining, the speeds rendered for non-priority protocols during peak times are really, really bad. On average, I can expect 25Kb/s on a 4Meg line during peak times. Surely there is a threshold or a minimum allowed speed on these non-priority protocols? I mean 25Kb/s is less than 7% of my purchased speed. I am not a happy camper. Also, YouTube has been horrific in the past week or so and (I shall assume its on the "allowed" list for the shaper), I suspect it has something to do with the terrible latency on hops 3 and 4 on my tracert. Is 180ms acceptable for the local hops?!

Please, I am not discussing... this is the Q & A thread, I am the Q, you are the A.
 
hi people

are the test accounts for mweb uncapped still available? cos i dont have R438 to spend on two months of testing?

thanks a lot sorry if its a dupp
 
Any idea as to why speedtest locates me as 450 miles away from Cape town? Says im near Kimberly or somewhere like that

See here - http://www.speedtest.net/result/803428079.png

IP blocks are assigned to a country, and Kimberley just happens to be in the 'middle' of South Africa geographically, so it really means nothing! Sometimes an IP can be related to a specific city, but yours probably cant...
 
I read these complaints and I wonder to myself why my speeds are still fine. Yes, I am only on a 384k line but I see those people complaining too.
 
IP blocks are assigned to a country, and Kimberley just happens to be in the 'middle' of South Africa geographically, so it really means nothing! Sometimes an IP can be related to a specific city, but yours probably cant...

OKay I see my IP address has changed. Before it would locate me within 50 miles of Cape Town. Thanks :)
 
hi people

are the test accounts for mweb uncapped still available? cos i dont have R438 to spend on two months of testing?

thanks a lot sorry if its a dupp

No it was only for the 1st 1000 people who put their names down on the first day
 
On my way home today I heard an MWEB radio ad...

A woman waffling on about some TV show... "And then you get capped..." "...and now I'll never be able to find out what happened."

I am in the same boat, but on uncapped. Before I finish downloading the TV show at 8 kb/s the show will long have been off air.
 
Hi latest trace and note that ping is now down to 30ms on 3rd hop.
Tracing route to www.mweb.co.za [196.2.63.110]
over a maximum of 30 hops:

1 <1 ms <1 ms <1 ms home.gateway
2 * * * Request timed out.
3 30 ms 29 ms 29 ms tengig-0-0-0-104.vic-ipc-2.mweb.co.za [196.22.16
3.218]
4 29 ms 29 ms 30 ms vl-92.vic-hscore-2.mweb.co.za [196.22.189.3]
Trace complete.
 
IP blocks are assigned to a country, and Kimberley just happens to be in the 'middle' of South Africa geographically, so it really means nothing! Sometimes an IP can be related to a specific city, but yours probably cant...

I also show up in Kimberley and not Cape Town. This is also new, previously was fine
 
Well I hope some one from MWEB bothers to answer the questions raised cause it seems to be affecting everyone ,I mean we got on board with them and would like to stay if someone can give us a REASONABLE explanation ..

As mentioned in another Mweb related post im getting bout 10 kbs I mean WTF.
 
From their facebook page, This just in from the MWEB technical team: Good news! We are pleased to announce that we have just completed a sizeable upgrade to our IPC bandwidth. Enjoy! - PLEASE NOTE: This is not the announcement due tomorrow
 
Well I hope some one from MWEB bothers to answer the questions raised cause it seems to be affecting everyone ,I mean we got on board with them and would like to stay if someone can give us a REASONABLE explanation ..

As mentioned in another Mweb related post im getting bout 10 kbs I mean WTF.

+1

My MWEB 4mb line and package is only getting 16KB tonight WTF!!!
 
From their facebook page, This just in from the MWEB technical team: Good news! We are pleased to announce that we have just completed a sizeable upgrade to our IPC bandwidth. Enjoy! - PLEASE NOTE: This is not the announcement due tomorrow

LOL I aint getting any of this!!!
 
LOL I aint getting any of this!!!

I am - torrents have been at 280kb/s for the last 2 hours! The whole day it was at 20kb/s causing me to be a little peeved. Wopuld love to know what the news is tomorrow!
 
who did you sleep with to get such torrent speeds?

Its weird, I have about 5 going at the moment and the one has been on 270kb/s while the others are so-so making it a total of 300kb/s. Maybe just good seeders.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X