MWEB Uncapped ADSL - Official Q & A

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great - that was my next question as well :)

Yes sorry seems like I made a mistake. You only get 50% pro rata. I didn't notice this cause I joined in the half of the month.
 
No sorry seems like I made a mistake. You only get 50% pro rata. I didn't notice this cause I joined in the half of the month.

So it would be crazy to signup today as you pay 50% for 2 days.

I'll need to signup on the 1st then?

MWEB - can you pls confirm.
 
No sorry seems like I made a mistake. You only get 50% pro rata. I didn't notice this cause I joined in the half of the month.

So if i upgrade from a 3GB R259 capped account to R349 uncapped account ill pay R304 this month?

Edit: nvm just saw my payment this month already happened, so i can upgrade now at no money wasted :D
 
Last edited:
Hi Rosaudio,

Signups after the 15th of the month are charged at half the standard package price for that part-month.

MWB.
Thanks, really is awesome having an active rep on the forum
Yes sorry seems like I made a mistake. You only get 50% pro rata. I didn't notice this cause I joined in the half of the month.
No worries, i'll sign up on Thursday then
 
So if i upgrade from a 3GB R259 capped account to R349 uncapped account ill pay R304 this month?

I'm not sure where you got R304 but with upgrades its a bit different. You will be best off calling them for a direct fast answer.
 
I'm not sure where you got R304 but with upgrades its a bit different. You will be best off calling them for a direct fast answer.

349-259=90
90/2=45
45*259=304

edit: and you were right about the pro rata, for upgrades at least, my little group of sums of course were pure guesswork hahaha
 
Last edited:
How long would it take to transfer my ADSL line from my current ISP to MWEB?

If/when Telkom promotes 384kbs lines to 512kps lines:
- can we upgrade our packages mid-month or do we need to wait for the end of the month?
- automatically get upgraded to your 512k option?
 
Hi Rosaudio,

Signups after the 15th of the month are charged at half the standard package price for that part-month.

MWB.

Oh crap, I signed up today. Does this mean I will be billed for half of March even though I only have 1 full day of access in March??

EDIT: Called the call centre, lovely. I am getting billed R239 for a whole days worth of access.... at least Afrihost is better than mweb in 1 way, they know how to work out a pro-rata fee. Now I have to actually try find some crap to dl just so it doesn;t feel like such a waste of money paying that much for 1.5 days worth of connection.
 
Last edited:
LOL friggs but surely you should have asked how much you would be charged dude :D. Sadly that is not mwebs fault but your own fault for not inquiring as to how much you would pay :D
 
LOL friggs but surely you should have asked how much you would be charged dude :D. Sadly that is not mwebs fault but your own fault for not inquiring as to how much you would pay :D

To be honest I figured it would be the same as afrihost and WA if I recall correctly. So ya, as the saying goes " Assumptions are the mother of all f........s" :)
 
Send application fax through. No response after 24hrs. Unable to get hold of anyone.

Yesterday I submitted my application form by fax to M-Web for the R219 uncapped ADSL offers. More than 24 hrs later I heard nothing back from them, as they had indicated that the response would be within a couple of hours. I then tried phoning them yesterday afternoon and numerous times today. I have been waiting on the phone over an hour on my last call and they are unable to help me.

I understand they are "experiencing a high volume of calls" but that doesn't help me at the moment. So this could serve as a warning to those of you who are thinking of signing up. I'd say wait for now until things settle down. M-Web's service department can't handle their demand and you're the one who pays for their bad planning.

Cheers

Peter
 
To be honest I figured it would be the same as afrihost and WA if I recall correctly. So ya, as the saying goes " Assumptions are the mother of all f........s" :)

Ya we all make mistakes dude, maybe if you have not downloaded very much you can ask them nicely not to charge you or maybe they could work out something. Just download like nuts tonight. 10-12gb should be easy if you can find the content :D.
 
Hey peter, if you're on Facebook go post a message on the Free the Web fan page and I'm sure you'll get sorted out sooner rather than later :)
 
Ya we all make mistakes dude, maybe if you have not downloaded very much you can ask them nicely not to charge you or maybe they could work out something. Just download like nuts tonight. 10-12gb should be easy if you can find the content :D.

Yea for sure, it is what it is and I was in to much of a hurry... and bored cos I am sitting at home so I signed up. I'm pretty sure I can still get some decent usage out of it in the next 30-odd hours :)
 
Is anyone else still having problems browsing/downloading at the same time? I'm not talking torrents, I mean a normal http download. I.e. downloading a .pdf file from a site and then trying to browse the site in the meanwhile and not being able to... while the download goes full tilt. I've barely used 5 gigs on my 384 uncapped account so I can't be being throttled.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X