MWEB Uncapped ADSL - Official Q & A

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well let's say your line can do 38kb/s a second and you are downloading said pdf at 35 kb/s that only leaves you with 3kb/s for browsing. So for sure it is going to be slow.
 
That I understand - I'm used to that from other ISP's. But I mean the page won't load. At all. The browser just shows the error page as if you're not connected to the net.
 
Maybe the download is taking priority and you have no bandwidth to browse the web page, very strange i must admit.
 
That's what I thought. It is odd. I've never had that problem with any of my other ISP's before. I hope they fix it because other than that I'm quite impressed with the product and I don't want to switch.
 
So it would be crazy to signup today as you pay 50% for 2 days.

I'll need to signup on the 1st then?

MWEB - can you pls confirm.
Hi gregmcc,

Yes I have confirmed with our Billing Manager ...

Data Only Accounts - signups after the 15th of the month are billed at 50% of the standard package rate for that part month

All-Inclusive Accounts - line rental inclusive accounts are billed pro-rata for the amount of days left in the part month

Please note all accounts are paid in advance so your first bill will include the part month & the next month.

MWB.
 
I'll be joining M-Web on the 1st, Please don’t disappoint. /wave Afrihost
 
This is what iam getting 2night. 384 uncapped :-(
Start Time: 19:11:41
End time: 19:11:49
Download Size: 409600 bytes
Time Delta: 7.693578004837 seconds
Download Speed: 52 KBytes/s
Line Speed: 416 kbits/s
 
This is what iam getting 2night. 384 uncapped :-(
Start Time: 19:11:41
End time: 19:11:49
Download Size: 409600 bytes
Time Delta: 7.693578004837 seconds
Download Speed: 52 KBytes/s
Line Speed: 416 kbits/s

It's very good - you are on 384 kbps after all and you're doing 52 kilo Bytes. 100%
 
If I sign up, can my wife use the same account at home during the day while I use it at work? I have a router at work and the same router at home. We are talking about a one man business.
 
If I sign up, can my wife use the same account at home during the day while I use it at work? I have a router at work and the same router at home. We are talking about a one man business.

Nope, can only be used on one router
 
hi MWEB, please check my account - Im getting this:

PTA

Email is johnjm at mweb.co.za
 
I'm confused. If I signup on the 1st for a data only account do I pay for April and May? Surely not.

yup - dopnt know why though - I signed up today like an idiot - first invoice is R1347!! Oh well.
 
Hi MWEB, getting similar speeds on a 4096 line. Never had any problems on 5 GB capped. Whats the problem? I feel like going back to capped:(

I'm in CT on 4Mbps capped, and I have exactly the same problems. I am one of those existing subscribers who have been migrated to the new MWeb backbone. I think you wish you could go back to the SAIX backbone!

As I posted elsewhere, tracert shows congestion on the CT/Jhb route. All CT Mweb traffic goes via Jhb first, before it can get anywhere further (even to sites based in CT itself).
 
yup - dopnt know why though - I signed up today like an idiot - first invoice is R1347!! Oh well.

Something's wrong, I'm with they since they launched the uncap and they send me a invoice for something like 808 bucks. That is for March and April.
 
Ive been billed for march and april - plus R270 for the rest of march... I also thought it was pro rata after the 15th of every month, now it seems that if you sign after 15th its 50% of the monthly fee!!!

Im pretty pissed off coswhen they launched it wasnt like this. Im actually VERY pissed off.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X