MWEB Uncapped ADSL - Official Q & A

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wtf?!!? I just spoke to a lady at mweb who said that I will be billed pro-rata (signed up yesterday). Am I gonna pay for half a month now just for 1/2 day of access?

MWeb idea of pro-rata is 50% of the monthly fee if you join after the 15th of the month. Something they should make very clear on their signup page. There should also be an explicit option to join as of the 1st of the following month.
 
I'm giving this feedback to help improve
Hi Auntpol,

We've done a bit of investigating and it looks like our MetroE fibres into SAIX are running clean and error free. The sporadic jumps in latency & occasional bouts of packet loss (e.g. games.saix.net) seem to be eminating from within SAIX's network. Will see if we can escalated to them.

MWB.
 
Im downloading at 10kb/s on my 4mb line with nothing else going on. And im paying R260 for one day of this BS!
 
Last edited:
How do I get through to check my order, I have now been on the phone for 40 minutes without much luck
 
Im downloading at 10kb/s on my 4mb line with nothing else going one. And im paying R260 for one day of this BS!
Hi pjoub06,

What is your location (city/suburb)? ... can PM me. This is certainly not normal, my 4Mbps test lines in JHB are performing well.

PS: Grouch & TonyA I see you are not located in the same city, am trying to look for a common pattern.

MWB.
 
Hi pjoub06,

What is your location (city/suburb)? ... can PM me. This is certainly not normal, my 4Mbps test lines in JHB are performing well.

PS: Grouch & TonyA I see you are not located in the same city, am trying to look for a common pattern.

MWB.

I am in Pretoria/Montana Park.
 
Hi pjoub06,

What is your location (city/suburb)? ... can PM me. This is certainly not normal, my 4Mbps test lines in JHB are performing well.

PS: Grouch & TonyA I see you are not located in the same city, am trying to look for a common pattern.

MWB.

Hey,

Im in Stellenbosch (CT). All my downloads are timing out and I have to pause/start them the whole time to get them going again. Now the download speed is higher but still freezing the whole time.
 
To be honest , Just from the amount of Customer Support Mweb is providing on these forums compared to the other ISPs they are already winning this battle. People like attention , specially when things go wrong.
 
its 7:35 and im downloading at 150KB/s-206KB/s on a 4 meg line this is not fair. Im paying R500+- for UNCAPPED 4mb/s = "download as much as u want." im in joburg and i would like to know can I plz get my usual 400KB/s back ???
 
its 7:35 and im downloading at 150KB/s-206KB/s on a 4 meg line this is not fair. Im paying R500+- for UNCAPPED 4mb/s = "download as much as u want." im in joburg and i would like to know can I plz get my usual 400KB/s back ???

Stop complaining. If you want full speed all the time, go and buy one of those R3000pm Vodacom accounts :mad:
 
its 7:35 and im downloading at 150KB/s-206KB/s on a 4 meg line this is not fair. Im paying R500+- for UNCAPPED 4mb/s = "download as much as u want." im in joburg and i would like to know can I plz get my usual 400KB/s back ???

How are you downloading? MWEB has stated (numerous times) that this is a shaped service, and that "unpopular" protocols will only be at full speed when capacity at that time allows it. The time is not concrete and never will be.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X