MWEB Uncapped ADSL - Official Q & A

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm getting max 100kb from rapidshare :(
20 simultaneous threads per download.
 
@semaj ...no offense but be grateful...i know its not full speed but its ALOT faster than we little 384k'ers are getting... its taken 2.5hrs to download a 30MB file...
 
Last edited:
Heh Tim,

I'm in the same boat as you. 384 uncapped with mweb and the average DL rate since last night has been 16-22KB/sec ... frustrating trying to DL updates from the Playstation Network or download Apps for Ubuntu.

It seems that everything on the 384 line except normal http browsing via port 80 (except rapid etc) is throttled to 20kb/s.

I was with Imagine until yesterday and I signed up at Mweb with the hope of a better connection so I am very frustrated. I can't even get speeds above 20kb/s using a newsserver and ssl which gave me speeds above 30kb/s on other shaped uncapped providers...
 
i dont get why ISPs have throttle connections to their own news servers? you not browsing out of their network...
 
there should be a memo out "unless you have less than 100KBps download speed you have nothing to complain about"
 
Ive been getting MAX 100 Kb as well. Look, Im not downloading but I like to see if its been fixed since the outage. If I had stuff too download id be SERIOUSLY annoyed!
 
My torrents ran at 400kB/s last night, but it's at 120 right now. With minimal browsing other than torrents, my transfers are at 20GB already this month.

The shaping policy for MWEB is well known by now, and written in the T&C. Keeping on complaining about it won't change it. If you are unhappy with the service, then go over to one of the other providers, that offer you the service you want. There are a lot of other ISP's that would be happy to take your money and provide a service to you.

@bradlesliect: And are you really expecting the MWEB rep to be here 24/7? Even over a weekend? I am sure the guy has a personal life too, away from work-related issues.
 
Http downloading is supposedly not restricted.... I am downloading the latest version of Ubuntu now, selected an SA server as the download location via a download manager(Orbit Downloader) and still the connection only get to about 22KB/s max! What the hell?
 
Http downloading is supposedly not restricted.... I am downloading the latest version of Ubuntu now, selected an SA server as the download location via a download manager(Orbit Downloader) and still the connection only get to about 22KB/s max! What the hell?

MOCK MY WORDS! MONDAY COMES AND THE INTERNET IS MAGICALLY PERFECT AGAIN! AHHHHHH!!! I AM SOOOOO TOTALLY PEEVED OFF!!!!!!!
 
no ways dude ....during work hours(8-6) all http, email and business required traffic gets preference. Apparently after hours we(downloaders) get "unthrottled" connections but what they dont tell us that it is ONLY from about 1am-3.30am in the morning....so...either way...we still being screwed?
 
no ways dude ....during work hours(8-6) all http, email and business required traffic gets preference. Apparently after hours we(downloaders) get "unthrottled" connections but what they dont tell us that it is ONLY from about 1am-3.30am in the morning....so...either way...we still being screwed?

No this garbage only started since this Uncapped stuff was launched. Never had a problem before.
 
Http downloading is supposedly not restricted.... I am downloading the latest version of Ubuntu now, selected an SA server as the download location via a download manager(Orbit Downloader) and still the connection only get to about 22KB/s max! What the hell?

I've been downloading movies the whole day via http and I am getting constant speeds of 39KB/s on mweb uncapped
 
No this garbage only started since this Uncapped stuff was launched. Never had a problem before.

I think they are still routing all traffic back onto Seacom and Seacom have got to get back up to scratch. Not as simple as flicking a switch, everything needs to be put back into place. It was a public holiday today so no work today. Should be a lot better next week.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X