MWEB Uncapped ADSL - Official Q & A

Status
Not open for further replies.
To be absolutely honest Brad - i truly thought everybody was having the SAME experience as me. So i just chalked it down to MWEB's excellent uncapped solution....but i do live like 100m from the exchange - so perhaps that helps too :-)

I am downloading monsters and aliens from an American http site which I pay $4.00 p/m at the speed of 402kbps.
 
u right joeyhza ....that DEFINETLY helps! I used to live that far away from an exchange ....ahh....those were the days....

@schickelgruber remember mweb changed their T&C ...so things have changed.
 
u right joeyhza ....that DEFINETLY helps! I used to live that far away from an exchange ....ahh....those were the days....

@schickelgruber remember mweb changed their T&C ...so things have changed.

That is true Brad. I think things will level out soon though.
 
Brad - what do you mean mweb changed their T&C ...so things have changed.?

Does that mean they could enforce throttling or something?
 
Brad - what do you mean mweb changed their T&C ...so things have changed.?

Does that mean they could enforce throttling or something?

dude...why u think ppl are complaining? it seems most ISPs that are doing uncapped have had to QUICKLY and DRASTICALLY change their T&C...
 
In general, because i've been getting some good speeds - i thought everyone was more or less talking crap. Now i totally get the full picture though ....and i'm saddened :-)
Saddened that this great awesome service and speeds (for SA standards) could be short lived.
 
Basically "eat all you want" but they thought only thin people were coming....
 
In general, because i've been getting some good speeds - i thought everyone was more or less talking crap. Now i totally get the full picture though ....and i'm saddened :-)
Saddened that this great awesome service and speeds (for SA standards) could be short lived.

Yeap, I cannot see them sustaining such high demands.
 
Then perhaps they should just cut off all new subscriptions :-)

this exactly what most of us(?) have been saying - seems they(ISPs) have bitten off more than they can chew and instead of taking the current cash and subs base expanding their network and ensuring they
are able to support the users and meet current supply/demand ....but NNNOOOO!!!....they become greedy!
 
this exactly what most of us(?) have been saying - seems they(ISPs) have bitten off more than they can chew and instead of taking the current cash and subs base expanding their network and ensuring they
are able to support the users and meet current supply/demand ....but NNNOOOO!!!....they become greedy!

I am quite certain people will revert back to their original packages once they realize that the network just sucks! In any case, I see this as a quick buck scheme by ISPs
 
I dont think ppl will go back to their old packages cos they getting unlimited for the same price as a 3GB cap in some cases...
 
Hi Mweb

Not sure if this was posted somewhere, but can you please some details on the shaping and/or times that it is being appplied?

I experienced 30% shaping on my 4MB line for news services last night( yes i am getting that occasional linux distro Sunday evening at 9pm :) ) , and i would like to know if that was normal.

I would have thought that over the weekend ( especially Sundays), shaping should be less severe. If this was a maintenance period ( ie updating rules and/or re-routing traffic), can we maybe arrange that such maintenance be made aware to us users?
A link to this maintenance updates will be highly appreciated.
This will reduce the amount of complaints etc and improve trust in the product.


Thank you
 
I don't seem to get over 100KB/s on a 4MB line... so the way I see it is I can now download 24/7 - because what I could do in an 8 hour day - I can only now do in 24hours.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X