My Beloved Auris

Jewpacabra

Expert Member
I had a similar thing happen to my Golf last month. Limp mode at about 2500rpm. Turns out it was the MAP/Boost sensor. Warranty covered it all. The invoice showed something just over R1000. Didn't see the cost of labour on there though. This was at Barons VW.

Oh, and they had they car there for 5 days trying to figure out what it was. From my explanation they initially figured it was the turbo. Rather have them source the problem themselves.

CamiKaze

Honorary Master
Just an Update.

Coil D was fscked and I had to replace it with a brand new one. It cost me R1458 and the labour was free.
It's a 5 minute job.

Thanks All.

CamiKaze

Honorary Master
Hi, new prob.

As I was driving to work this morning, I realised a tick tick tick tick sound every single time that I took my foot off acceleration.
Anyone else experience this?

wetkit

Expert Member
Could be a CV, but then they normally make a noise when turning, like clack clack.

UrBaN963

Honorary Master
Does it sound like it's coming from the engine or elsewhere? Does it happen at all RPM?

CamiKaze

Honorary Master
Does it sound like it's coming from the engine or elsewhere? Does it happen at all RPM?

It sounds like it is coming from the engine.
Well, as for all RPM, it only happens when I take my foot off acceleration. I will need to speed up and then take my foot off acceleration to see if it happens at all RPM.

CamiKaze

Honorary Master
Could be a CV, but then they normally make a noise when turning, like clack clack.

OK, just came from Toyota.
They reckon it's the CV joint.
Will have to book it in on Monday.
Thanks.

Pitbull

Verboten
Standing in front of the car with the bonnet open

Does the sound differ in speed as you accelerate? Does it come from the top of the engine or does it sound like it's coming from inside the engine?

Lifters or bearings would be my guess.

CamiKaze

Honorary Master
Ok I took it in to Disa motors.
They are telling me that my Gearbox is f###ed. :crying:

UrBaN963

Honorary Master
Lol dude. This is getting worse and worse. Did you notice issues changing gears? Difficulty getting it in or out of gear? Noisy or grating sounds?

FiestaST

Honorary Master
I always thought the Auris (Oros) was a bland but reliable vehicle.

UrBaN963

Honorary Master
Sounds fishy to me, but I haven't seen the car so my opinion may not be all the useful.

CamiKaze

Honorary Master
So my gearbox is effed.

Failure on the tooth contact of the crown wheel and pinion. The broken teeth on the 2 gears are causing the knocking noise in the gearbox. Due to this failure, it is sending metal fragments through the gearbox and damaging other working components.

R16 646.28

SauRoNZA

Honorary Master
Have you serviced the vehicle as per the schedule?

If not, well there's your answer.

Either way just take it where you always take it and stop driving it.

See I'm a bit late to the party. For future reference don't just keep driving a car with a check engine light on...especially if you aren't mechanically inclined.

pinball wizard

Honorary Master
Look, unless you where using this car to drag tree stumps up out of the ground (or missing service intervals) that gearbox should last half a million kms at least.