• You are losing out on amazing benefits because you are not a member. Join for free. Register now.
  • Big Two-Day Giveaway - Win an Amazon Kindle, a Mystery Gadget and Branded Gear. Enter Here.
  • Test your broadband speed and win prizes worth R5,000. Enter here.

MyBB Motorcycle Owners Thread

SauRoNZA

Honorary Master
It's not so much the why as it is determining if there is value/advantage to be had without expense to performance or reliability. Hence the question.
I doubt it.

Much like the lifetime air filters unless you plan to keep the bike a moer of a long time it never makes financial or performance sense.

GhostSixFour

Mafia Addict
Ecu already has a freeze frame with most of the info in it. Question is whether it's stored when there's a crash
I can't think that'll be hard to create something like this. People won't like it though. So I suppose the insurance companies will end up forcing people to install it.

Although, not sure if there will be real value behind it, barring some curiosity and repudiation of claims.

GhostSixFour

Mafia Addict

RustyNail

I've heard them, Jolly good

Apply comic sans where needed
completely unrelated hahaha.

Band called Satanic Dagga Orgy played at Oppi Koppi the one year. Very very comical. two songs I remember where "homo for naledi" and "Dont be kak" . Good for a laugh, if you can find it give it a listen.

gamer16

Expert Member
completely unrelated hahaha.

Band called Satanic Dagga Orgy played at Oppi Koppi the one year. Very very comical. two songs I remember where "homo for naledi" and "Dont be kak" . Good for a laugh, if you can find it give it a listen.
Geez what a name, I see some of their songs on Youtube, will give it a listen.

GhostSixFour

Mafia Addict
I am having some trouble deciding on a motorbike to commute with as a beginner. My options so far are the small Japanese bikes with ABS (Kawasaki Ninja / Yamaha R3 and so on), BMW G310r, and KTM 390 Duke.

What I can't decide is whether the ABS is absolutely a deal breaker? The Honda CBR 250s are really a great deal second hand at around R25k (not sure if bikes have ABS or not).

Any suggestions / advice would be great!

I am doing my learners later this year.

I hope that this is the right thread!
Do the novice training at BMW, they will give you a 310r for the day to play with. See if you're happy after that.
Then realise, that for the same money or a little bit more, you could buy a 650GS/700GS or even an 800GS <- I got one of those, and I would say ABS is an absolute must, every time you feel the brake lever or pedal pusling you realise it could've gone so much worse.

800 is perfect in traffic, high enough that handlebars don't hit cars, fast enough to get out of **** and safe enough for a beginner. I know, cause it's my first bike. Ever.

CT_Biker

Do the novice training at BMW, they will give you a 310r for the day to play with. See if you're happy after that.
Then realise, that for the same money or a little bit more, you could buy a 650GS/700GS or even an 800GS <- I got one of those, and I would say ABS is an absolute must, every time you feel the brake lever or pedal pusling you realise it could've gone so much worse.

800 is perfect in traffic, high enough that handlebars don't hit cars, fast enough to get out of **** and safe enough for a beginner. I know, cause it's my first bike. Ever.
If you are in Cape Town and you need some Rider training, I would suggest contacting Billy De Beer.

SauRoNZA

Honorary Master
According to this: http://www.bikeland.org/board/viewthread.php?TID=64990&FID=27

The ZX14 uses rear TC/ABS sensors for speedo. I assume it will be quite possible that as the person hit the truck,their rear came up whilst throttle was pinned, and it recorded that speed.
Yup, even if it just fell over it would spin up considerably before the cut out...if the cut out happened.

Even so I wonder how it would get physically stuck instead of going back to zero since it's electronic.

Joeboy69

Expert Member
the 650 is actually good for a commuter. The 12 is just too big to really get through traffic nicely, and the 650 has good power for its small size.

Stay away from the KTM , or my opinion anyway. the 390 is simply far too small and under powered. You'll be happy for a few months but after that you may regret your investment and the resale isnt great on them.

I got a girlfriend a ninja 250r a year ago and she was very happy, Annoyed the hell out of me though.
KTM has the best power/weight ratio of the small bikes when I bought 3 years ago. Enough power for my commute in any case

I view the ABS as an important feature and would take a bike that has that.