Need a server or similar type solution for small business

Based in Pretoria.

I have tried exploring various options as to enable my small business to grow a bit but it seems no-one interested to assist unless I want to drop a R 100k on a server! I dont mind spending but dont have that kind of money.

Problem:
Have a desktop in my office running various programs such as Pstel, payroll and a few low key programs. Have 5 people, 3 in office and 2 working from home. Currently everyone login via Teamviewer and do what they need to do. That brings its own problems:

1. Only one person per login can work on desktop.
2. 2 people cant work on the same software at once.

I have tried Google Remote Server but due to amount of data being transmitted it left me with a huge bill at the end of the month as it charges for data transmitted.

Another IT-inclided person suggested I buy the following app/software: https://www.remotepc.com/index.html but im not totally convinced.

Is there anyone out there that can assist?

Telasera

Telasera representative
Company Rep
Hi Pieter,

From your listed requirements I think a Virtual Desktop Environment will work for you, I'll send you some further details via PM.

Jade @ ZA Domains

ZA Domains representative
Company Rep
The suggestions provided by others to use a server are somewhat correct and here’s why
Windows server is with the correct client access license will allow simultaneous users to be connected and alleviate the issue you are currently experiencing with simultaneous users.

However, you could build up an entry level server for less than 100k if you needed to have the server hosted onsite.
If you don’t require that the solution be onsite then a dedicated or vps server would suffice, just make sure that you have a backup solution.

https://absolutehosting.co.za/order/cart.php?gid=22

HeftyCrab

Expert Member
Do you have a budget that you can share. I think that will help with choosing possible options.

Duan

Have a look at go2cloud.co.za there you can setup a server and only be charged for what you use including licensing.

SilverNodashi

Expert Member
Based in Pretoria.

I have tried exploring various options as to enable my small business to grow a bit but it seems no-one interested to assist unless I want to drop a R 100k on a server! I dont mind spending but dont have that kind of money.

Problem:
Have a desktop in my office running various programs such as Pstel, payroll and a few low key programs. Have 5 people, 3 in office and 2 working from home. Currently everyone login via Teamviewer and do what they need to do. That brings its own problems:

1. Only one person per login can work on desktop.
2. 2 people cant work on the same software at once.

I have tried Google Remote Server but due to amount of data being transmitted it left me with a huge bill at the end of the month as it charges for data transmitted.

Another IT-inclided person suggested I buy the following app/software: https://www.remotepc.com/index.html but im not totally convinced.

Is there anyone out there that can assist?
I have sent you a PM