Neotel

Neoted

Give me some questions and i will see what i can awnser. Please note that i can only awnser some questions as far as t know.

Gunther

Expert Member
Neoted. Can I please have a free NeoConnect prime account, a free modem thingie and no cap? Plzzzz? :p

RichardG

Honorary Master
Hey NeoTel Rep,

Could you please tell us which areas are covered(suburbs), and we would like to see a coverage area map, as many of us wanna depart over to NeoTel, could you please tell your Directors to make this process ASAP, I've already 100 people in JHB who wanna depart and try a new communications method..........

Do you perhaps have resellers in the area, where by they can come out and check if one can use NeoTel at ones house, because I do not want to purchase Neotel, If i am not covered... I stay in the South of jhb, not far from the JHB CBD, about 3 km, I've line of sight of JHB CBD, please your input would be greatful.

UnoPanelvan

Expert Member
When will Neotel stop farting around and really compete with the Telscum thieving giant or are you using their business mode.... a very simple and effective model I must say... and that is of course to defraud the public.

Zyzzyva

Executive Member
Posted at 9:31 pm. Unlikely to be the true neotel rep. Strange time for a first post.

Last edited:

rtzouves

Guys if this is a neotel rep; run like mad. He/she spells answer as "awnser" and does it twice please note and then instead of "I" he/she types "t." I am not commenting on his/her intelligence, I realise people make typing mistakes, but simply pointing out that if this is the attention to detail he/she pays to their typing can you imagine the attention he/she will pay to your queries?

Ekhaatvensters

Executive Member
Haha, no way that this is an official rep, he would have talked to RPM first and got his title. Possibly someone who works for Neotel.

If you can provide some answers, then I'd like to know when an Ethernet device is coming out and when commercial WiMax will go live.

Thanks

Stolla

I AM NOT THE NEOTEL REP !!!
Ok guys I work for Neotel so I will give you some answers only if the questions are decent and only if I am capable of answering it, if someone attacks me in the tread I going to stop it.
Give us some time guys thers networks don’t come over night and things will also go much faster if power was available 24/7 everywhere. (Joke)
CDMA is our first step of reaching the customer after that it’s WIMAX and in a few years time “fiber to your home”
JHB and PTA is up and running on the Alpha phase with CPT and DBN to follow hopefully 1 July.

Shake&Bake

Party Liaison
Hi there Stolla - any idea what the coverage areas for the CPT rollout will be?
Ta

Stolla

Shake&Bake yes, Parow, Killarney gardens, retreat, strand, durbanville, bellville, for now....Most of bellville will be coverded but not all.

orange

I AM NOT THE NEOTEL REP !!!
Ok guys I work for Neotel so I will give you some answers only if the questions are <SNIP>.
I'm interested in a device I can plug my alarm and dect phone in (ie a pots port), along with an ethernet port.

would have signed on already if the above was available.

My question is: when could we expect the above (if ever)?

Shake&Bake

Party Liaison
Another Q if I may - any scoop on whether customers will be able to be on the web and make call at the same time in the forseeable future?
Is this something that the company is look at?
Surely it should be...
I'm not asking cos I wanna sign up - but I may just get my parents hooked up with a light package - or rather not - I don't want them signing a contract...

Would be nice if there were Neotel bandwidth only packages...
Scoops brah, scoops of vanilla ice-cream pls :)

Shake&Bake

Party Liaison
Shake&Bake yes, Parow, Killarney gardens, retreat, strand, durbanville, bellville, for now....Most of bellville will be coverded but not all.
Thanks for the reply dude.

Eish - Strandfontein is then a far way off... ok :cool:

The_Unbeliever

Honorary Master
Also want to know regarding the Ethernet device. ;)

USB will not work for myself as I use Linux-based solutions, USB is more suited for Windows-based solutions.

Ethernet works with both Linux and Windows, and the added advantage is that there is no additional drivers needed.

So... when will they add an Ethernet device to the list? :)

Stolla

Well on the "hook to alarm system or fax" we are working on it.
There will be a ethernet option phone yes....maybe in the next 2 months or so.
No you cant make calls while on the net but we are busy sorting that out
Goodwood is covered
WIMAX is comming Fast with a ethernet device and CPE outdoor option or desktop modem.
We DONT sell "Broadband" internet at this stage only "high speed internet" broadband is still comming....THERE IS NO ONE IN SA THAT HAVE BROADBAND.

killadoob

Honorary Master
i think the most important question for neotel is when are you doing to bring in good cabled adsl/broadband

now this 2.4 that thats rated at 300 - 700 BS you offer now

why bring out something that never reaches 2.4

so your telling me my 4 meg line is not broadband?

how do you figure that one?

Stolla

to give a fibre to every home is going to take some time, so CDMA is only the temp option. WIMAX will be a "broadband" service that goes from the tower directly onto the fibre network. so for now that will be the closest some people will get to fibre, unless you have a few rands in your back pocket to install your own fibre to your closest fibre terminal point.