News server related queries

This last weekend was utter trash... ~100mb per day. :mad:

Yesterday it was flying: I did 13gb in 9 hours. :) :eek:

Today, back to being garbage. :mad:
 
It's close to month end so most peeps are blowing their cap. It's prolly just load. And those IP copping bastards...
 
giganews is not local... international bandwidth, doing ssl connections, not shaped
connection is a secret, but on 4mbps ADSL
 
Yeah today trying a 3/3 cached item, cannot even connect to either servers.

PS: I have a 1MB - 4GB (International) 60GB (Local) line, was wondering which server would be better, because some say go for what your Service Provider supplies?
Was wondering what server does my ISP run on??

.Thanks.
 
Oh that makes alot more sense lol, thanks m8, was wondering why my IS server wasn't working hehe :P
 
I recently decided to use Alt Binz instead of GrabIT. Quick question - I must be staring at it, but not seeing it :o - how do you get Alt Binz to download multiple files simultaneously instead of multiple instances/articles simultaneously of the same file?

GrabIT would for instance start with xxxxxx.rar, xxxxxx.r01 etc. etc. etc (depending on how many connections you have - 10 with Giganews) where as Alt Binz will open all available connections on xxxxxx.rar - finish that - and then move onto xxxxxx.r01.

Thanks!
 
I recently decided to use Alt Binz instead of GrabIT. Quick question - I must be staring at it, but not seeing it :o - how do you get Alt Binz to download multiple files simultaneously instead of multiple instances/articles simultaneously of the same file?

GrabIT would for instance start with xxxxxx.rar, xxxxxx.r01 etc. etc. etc (depending on how many connections you have - 10 with Giganews) where as Alt Binz will open all available connections on xxxxxx.rar - finish that - and then move onto xxxxxx.r01.

There is no way, that is how Alt.binz does its downloading.

Personally I prefer the Alt.binz way of finishing one file with 5 threads, rather than finishing 5 files with one thread on each. That way I can get the .rar file finished first so I can check what's inside and/or the quality of the release.

Why would you want to do it GrabIt's way?
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X