South Africa’s biggest forum. Discuss, discover, and connect with thousands of members.
Garyvdh and co. please help me get my mind around this one. During the day, when things are supposed to be shaped I get full line speed on cached items. At night after 6 when things are supposed to be unshaped, the d/l becomes "choppy". I'm using Grabit and Saix2. Was there a change in policy perhaps? If I should just shut up and be thankful, you can say that!
i get the same .. shaped hours cached items run at line speed (4Mb) .. during unshaped hours the cached items dont run at line speed at all which is annoying ... also unshaped hours uncached items are really slow ...
I have a normal Telkom DoBroadband account, 1gb international. I download about 20-25gb local every month. It's on a 384k line, but I'm looking at upgrading to a 4mb.
What is the cheapest option to get about 100gb local? Which ISP/acount option would you recommend?
You use the SAIX server(s).Please let us know how it goes with Mweb.
They talk here about the local only trial, but it has been reported that local remains uncapped. http://www.mweb.co.za/productsservices/LocalOnlyAddition/tabid/1656/Default.aspx
Do Mweb have their own News servers or can you just continue to use news.saix.net with them?
Was last with Mweb in the dialup days think i used "news.mweb.co.za" back then?
news.saix.net and news.mweb.co.za both resolve to the same IP.Thanks
Just found this link http://www.mweb.co.za/helpcentre/Email/EmailServerDetails/tabid/252/Default.aspx
Seems even though they use the SAIX servers they recommend "news.mweb.co.za".
Guess that news.saix.net will also work?
I have been using news servers for sometime now, and it usually used to be, that when I get a connection, I get spped upto abou 460kbps....however recently i've noticed that when i do get a connection I get speeds of abou 10k max....and the connections get lost very quickly, what could be the problem?