Notice on MTN Coverage helpdesk

Voldemort

Death eater
I would like to emphasise guys, if you have a network problem please post it by dialling 0839001212, the network coverage can log a call and give you a ref number. please be advised that if they cannot give you a network solution they are inclined to cancel your contract on the basis of no budget from our side for a new site based on a lack of consumers, which happens, i unfortunately have had to cancel as such. I want you all on our network, but sometimes its not possible just yet.

Last edited:

GreGorGy

BULLSFAN
I would like to emphasise guys, if you have a network problem please post it by dialling 0829001212, the network coverage can log a call and give you a ref number.
Outsourced it to vodacom? probably a good idea...

greggpb

Expert Member
MTN are useless! I called the coverage help desk, and told them that I have a VERY weak coverage in my area. Sunningdale. They logged a fault, and I applied for a "Booster" to be installed on my premises. That was in November 2009. No one has contacted me, no one has arrived to install a booster. It's like I never filed a report. Screw MTN.
How things have gotten better moved to Sunningdale last week and have been out of coverage since then, I phoned the coverage guys and they said they would look into it

Voldemort

Death eater
I wanna add an extra bit here too- there are 2 different types of reference numbers aswell- one where you log on the site and the auto response gives you a ref number, the other one is where you have called the helpdesk and they give you a number, starts with a 002.

greggpb

Expert Member
Thanks for the response snakepit, of course I wrote down my ref number on somthing that i threw away, but I suppose I should phone again and see whats up.

greggpb

Expert Member
Thanks for the response snakepit, of course I wrote down my ref number on somthing that i threw away, but I suppose I should phone again and see whats up.
just og a call from the mtn guy and they are sending out another guy on wednessday

mesmay

Also had great service from MTN. The gentleman called me, visited me and even gave me a free antenna to boost my reception.
WELL DONE MTN! :)

Voldemort

Death eater
Also had great service from MTN. The gentleman called me, visited me and even gave me a free antenna to boost my reception.
WELL DONE MTN! :)
Thank you for taking the time to acknowledge the service you have recieved:)

greggpb

Expert Member
The guy cam out to my place and tested and said I have fantastic signal... and it must be my blackberry... It's a HTC. There is a mast been put up that should have another tower on it about 400m from my house but he said it would take a 6 months or so.

So not a great solution by I have learnt to sms and my mate now sms me so i can call them on the land line

cozinsky

Expert Member
MTN poor network coverage

I am writing this from a 4star hotel close to the OR Tambo airport. Not surprisingly, I have only Edge on MTN (iPhone) but I get 3g and faster on my Vodacom 3g modem. I rarely get 3G on MTN anywhere in Pretoria. I am getting sick and tired of MTN's poor networks. Then they have the cheek to advertise "Smartphones love smart networks". Bah, maybe MTN's definition of a smart network is Edge. Good for them because I am out after my contract expires. It is a pity because they have much better contract options than Vodacom. Seeya in a couple of months Vodacom.

Wolhuterl

Mtn 3G govarage very poor

I have a Samsung tab 10.1 which I am very happy with. Unfortunately my MTN 3G coverage at home is very poor. I live in Clubview Centurion.
Any suggestions of what I can do.