• You are losing out on amazing benefits because you are not a member. Join for free. Register now.
  • Latest One-Day Giveaway - Win a Google Home Mini Smart Speaker and a Mystery Gadget. Enter Here.

Notice on MTN Coverage helpdesk

McCrazieGoalz

Expert Member
I have been using MTN's 3G network for a long time now. This was after acertaining that MTN has the best 3G coverage for my area.

Yesterday it just went POOF, right in front of my eyes. I was gaming then *POOF*, you have been disconnected from the servers. I took out a 24 mth contract with a 2GB contract including modem in August and have been gaming happily on it, till yesterday.

I called 083 900 1212 yesterday at the time (around 18h30) and they told me that they are experiencing system problems (don't know what that actually means). I then called them this morning at about 06h30 and they told me I need to call the Helpdesk from 08h00.

I have however, decided to log in a query about my situation to their email address: coverage@mtn.co.za.

I look forward to hearing from you soon MTN Helpdesk.

Sym2Droid

I'll try mailing again, I never bothered again after I got the default response, but things are regressing. My phones are just about paperweights :-(

Michael_M

MTN Help Desk decidedly UNHELPFUL

I have had problems with speeds all month. I get varied responses to my requests for info from the coverage@mtn.co.za help desk. Either I am throttled or I am not, depending on the person on the other end. My new month is 12th or 22nd. Top 3G speed I can expect is 260kbps and throttled at 256 (not much difference is there Einstein)? I've phoned and I was still throttled 14 days into a new month. The MTN website where you can check your balance, Um, "error, please try later".
Promises of responses and return emails just don't happen. The website doesn't work and the help desk people don't know their facts and just pass the buck (please dial 1555, please dial 188, please dial.....).

I have to say that I am completely disappointed in the level of service I am getting at every level. Speeds of generally under 100kbps, some as low as 30. And, during the throttled period, on Friday I was getting speeds of 440kbps which is faster than the fastest speed according to one heldesk "helper".

I've emailed and asked for a manager. Guess what. No response. Next step, Hello Peter probably to bget the "A consultant will contact you."

Sick of this rubbish, not getting a service I pay for. Thanks for nothing MTN.

Very bad 3G in Fourways!

MTN, the signal quality is just degrading on a daily basis in Sunset Ave in Fourways. What is happening there to address the loads on the towers? EDGE signal is quite good but do not try and broswe the internet on EDGE, you will wait for more than 5 mins for google to load. According to your coverage map I should have 21 mbps 3G?? I am lucky if I get 1 bar on 3G.

Hi there

Is the MTN network down in Muizenberg / Marina Da Gama?

I phoned 0839001212 to find out, but this helpdesk only work weekdays 08:00 - 17:00.

The MTN Coverage helpdesk is PATHETIC!!! What is the point of a multimillion Rand company having a helpdesk to inform people if their service has any issues, if the helpdesk only works weekdays 08:00 - 17:00??? Does MTN think people do not need this service or network over weekends too?

I so can't wait for my MTN contract to finish so I can change network providers and get as far away from MTN possible.

margriet

I logged a query via the coverage email but was hoping that there is someone that can maybe help me get help sooner??

R13...

Honorary Master
I logged a query via the coverage email but was hoping that there is someone that can maybe help me get help sooner??
The user Voldermort appears to work for them maybe he can help.

But in general that coverage desk is uber useless. I logged a call, they told me the tower is being upgraded to 3G, I then sent them their own coverage map showing the area is 3G covered, they then (without skipping a beat) just told me, no it is being upgraded to from 3.6 to 7.2+Mpbs. And then wouldn't tell me or find out for me how long the process will take and whether or not it had started. I am still waiting and will port away when my contract expires end of this month if the coverage continues to suck.

margriet

So this morning I receive a reply on my email and they advise me that I will need to buy a network booster.......which costs R1500 and up :confused:

margriet

No sorry Voldemort. the email was to the coverage address and the PM obviously went somewhere else!

Is there anything you can do to help?

Does MTN plan to do anything about network coverage in the Douglasdale area? I fail to understand how it 2012 and with talk of LTE, the best I can get is EDGE on a good day.
(Apologies if this is in the wrong forum or has been mentioned)

Does MTN plan to do anything about network coverage in the Douglasdale area? I fail to understand how it 2012 and with talk of LTE, the best I can get is EDGE on a good day.
(Apologies if this is in the wrong forum or has been mentioned)
Don't even get me started - and it is not just MTN. I can't make a call on Cell C network there.

boyequal

Sooo... errr... Does the coverage helpdesk still exist? Don't get responses from email, the number doesn't work...