Official 2011 Rugby World Cup Thread

the all blacks are looking very impressive when they have ball in hand. their defence has held strong too, but i reckon a stronger attacking team, like the boks have been playing for the last few games, would breach that defence on quite a few occasions. good to see the french get an intercept try at least. i fear it will be their last 5 pointer in this match...
 
the all blacks are looking very impressive when they have ball in hand. their defence has held strong too, but i reckon a stronger attacking team, like the boks have been playing for the last few games, would breach that defence on quite a few occasions. good to see the french get an intercept try at least. i fear it will be their last 5 pointer in this match...
mmmm... like we did in PE?

I'm really trying to remain grounded re the Boks. Yes we put Fiji and Namibia away with aplomb but we would be expected to. Against a quality side, playing with passion and lots of motivation we struggled to a one point victory.

All I'm saying is let's keep things in perspective...
 
Last edited:
Frenchies have woken up and are getting more aggro... pity it's too late.

Could it be that it's better for them to actually lose this game?
 
France...absolutely terrible. What have they been doing the last 4 years?
 
I hear their Coach gives them too much stick, and it shows. Really though, they look depressed, slow and without any spirit.
This was never a fixture the French either wanted to nor needed to win. Why would they go helter skelter to win this game???? Doesn't make any sense!! They now likely to meet England in the QF where if they win this pool they could meet Argentina in their QF match and Argentina owned them in the last world cup.

If France beat England in their QF they likely to meet either Ireland or Wales in the semi final so yeah, not a game they needed to win and even if they came with everything you not going to knock the AB's over in the pool stages. Just doesn't happen!!

EDIT: @Memphisto I think we can be reasonably pleased with the attrition rate!! Dagg and Thompson, not a bad return hey mate???!!! :p:p:p:)
 
EDIT: @Memphisto I think we can be reasonably pleased with the attrition rate!! Dagg and Thompson, not a bad return hey mate???!!! :p:p:p:)

hehe, it will do I suppose ..... was hoping for a big scalp like Mcaw or Carter but hey :D
 
I don't know if it me and my eyesight but I really am not getting the usual "aura" I used to get when watching the AB's. Maybe its cause we've see so much of our SANZAR boets but I really think against a thinking team with mightier forwards they'd be left wanting. Not even saying that team is us.
 
I don't know if it me and my eyesight but I really am not getting the usual "aura" I used to get when watching the AB's. Maybe its cause we've see so much of our SANZAR boets but I really think against a thinking team with mightier forwards they'd be left wanting. Not even saying that team is us.

Too much haka. It's boring now and the novelty has worn off; Pretty simple. Too much All Blacks this, All Blacks that... in NZ blah blah. We've seen too much of them, that is the issue.
 
I don't know if it me and my eyesight but I really am not getting the usual "aura" I used to get when watching the AB's. Maybe its cause we've see so much of our SANZAR boets but I really think against a thinking team with mightier forwards they'd be left wanting. Not even saying that team is us.
AB's haven't looked all that sharp thus far!! They under huge pressure and it's impacting on their game!! Then there is the small issue of the 2 losses at the end of the tri-nations! Eradicated their air of invincibility!!

Having said that I reckon they're going to up the anti significantly once the knock out stages start!!
 
AB's haven't looked all that sharp thus far!! They under huge pressure and it's impacting on their game!!

Long may that last. We showed they can be beaten. Let's hope they are not going to hit their straps against us.
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X