Official Rugby World Cup 2015 Thread

Spizz

Goat Botherer
Scotland fielding a full strength team for the first time since the 6N and they are looking very good. 48-7 against Italy at Murrayfield.

I think they'll be entering the group with a real confidence after 2 victories and a close defeat away to Ireland.

Kilgore_Trout_Redux

Executive Member
Pollard should not be there.

I am just waiting for him to do his deer in the headlights routine at the wrong time and lose us this damn World Cup while HM stubbornly refuses to sub him for some reason.

On the plus side he is not likely to be boo'ed off the field again in the UK.

Bernie

Expert Member
Not sure if already posted (couldn't find it) but this is sure to fail in the courts:

Urgent court bid to prevent Boks from competing in Rugby World Cup

As such who is going to pay for the court costs, what is the point other than trying to score political points. Its not as if our courts dont have "real" issues to deal with.

This is such a waste of time and money. Not impressed!!

This is just a further distraction for RWC preparations.

:mad: :mad:

MickeyD

RIP
Not sure if already posted (couldn't find it) but this is sure to fail in the courts:

Urgent court bid to prevent Boks from competing in Rugby World Cup

As such who is going to pay for the court costs, what is the point other than trying to score political points. Its not as if our courts dont have "real" issues to deal with.

This is such a waste of time and money. Not impressed!!

This is just a further distraction for RWC preparations.

:mad: :mad:

http://mybroadband.co.za/vb/showthr...revent-Boks-from-competing-in-Rugby-World-Cup

sand_man

Honorary Master
I would have taken Elton too. He was without a doubt our most proficient Super 15 fly half.

I can only think the catastrophic season he had at the Stormers 2 seasons ago and that horrid FNB Bok debut, was enough for Meyer to look for a more solid pick. Not that Lambie, Pollard or MS are it, mind you. And that for me is where the Boks have failed in the last 4 seasons. A general at 10 to dictate the flow of the game.

Fulcrum29

Honorary Master
Maklik. Pollard.

I would repick Stransky over Pollard at this point

Personally I believe that Morné Steyn was moer lucky to make the team. Pollard… he’s asleep, maybe he will wake up in the World Cup. I don’t know what Ruan ‘slow’ Pienaar is doing in the team, but they will need him due to his experience in the conditions. At least Paige can kick better than most scrummies. I think the team will be able to pull through... only that... how many medics and doctors will they take along?

We may have a relaxed pool as opposed to the other pools, but we have the pool where the competition opts to play bash rugby.

MickeyD

RIP
Personally I believe that Morné Steyn was moer lucky to make the team. Pollard… he’s asleep, maybe he will wake up in the World Cup. I don’t know what Ruan ‘slow’ Pienaar is doing in the team, but they will need him due to his experience in the conditions. At least Paige can kick better than most scrummies. I think the team will be able to pull through... only that... how many medics and doctors will they take along?

We may have a relaxed pool as opposed to the other pools, but we have the pool where the competition opts to play bash rugby.
We have Scotland and Samoa... not relaxed at all!

In theory Japan should be easy and the USA a little less easier than them.

Cray

Honorary Master

The Samoa game is a whole lot of injuries just waiting to happen...

Fulcrum29

Honorary Master

That is to compare it to the other pools. I think USA will be our walkover match, which may be a too easy exercise to keep the momentum going. Japan is playing better rugby, they may surprise us, but we will win. Samoa nearly won the All Blacks, and is capable to win. Scotland is the more coordinated competitor and are playing in their neighbour's backyard. Pending on the conditions Scotland and Samoa will be our hurdles. Samoa also picked 12 players which are based in the North, they will be prepared.

thestaggy

Honorary Master
So the team that currently sits atop the Currie Cup and was SA's most enterprising side during Super Rugby doesn't even get a token selection in the squad?

9-man kick-and-chase rugby. We'll win the group, battle mightily with whomever we meet in the quarters and see our arses IF we manage to make a semi vs the ABs.