Official Thread: Samsung Galaxy S (I9000)

The official Skype app doesn't do video calls.
Fring and Tango do video calls. Tango should provide better quality.

Neither will access Skype though. Fring used to until the greedy bastards at Skype blocked them.
 
can anyone advise what is the South African Stock ROM version for the Galaxy i9000? Im trying to flash the modem for the South African ROM version. If you are using a stock rom (Eclair 2.1) kindly post results by entering *#1234# on your phone. I appreciate your assistance.
PDA:
PHONE:
CSC:
 
@neetz108 my version numbers are exactly the same as mentioned above. stock phone as I got it from the shop. Unless I am missing something.
 
Okay, I think I might get myself a Bluetooth headset - Does anyone know if we can get the SGS one here in South Africa - the one the show you when you open up your box?

And how long can the phone last if Bluetooth is on permanently?

And has anyone been able to get the docking station - my mtn station said they will try to get stock in October, but still haven't gotten anything. Does vodaworld have perhaps?
 
So I tried flashing my SGS with Darky's ROM v9.2 Extreme edition using CWM method. Things went south and phone is boot looping now or gets stuck on boot screen with Galaxy name & etc. I don't know how to add the update.zip and Darky's Rom .zip files in this mode so busy downloading the full ODIN ressurrection package (with base ROM) now but these download speeds are utterly slow. So as the hours tick by I shall wait in anticipation that I will correct this darn problem.
 
So I tried flashing my SGS with Darky's ROM v9.2 Extreme edition using CWM method. Things went south and phone is boot looping now or gets stuck on boot screen with Galaxy name & etc. I don't know how to add the update.zip and Darky's Rom .zip files in this mode so busy downloading the full ODIN ressurrection package (with base ROM) now but these download speeds are utterly slow. So as the hours tick by I shall wait in anticipation that I will correct this darn problem.

This is full of why sdsmurf should not get an SGS :D ........ :wtf:.......:erm: :( :cry:
 
Maybe its the reason you SHOULD get one.
..then you'll know wtf he's talking about.
 
This is full of why sdsmurf should not get an SGS :D ........ :wtf:.......:erm: :( :cry:

This is only if we try to do things that is not standard and if the rom got corrupted or you don't know what you are doing.
 
This is only if we try to do things that is not standard and if the rom got corrupted or you don't know what you are doing.

I am fully agree to that comment. I'm total proof of it. Still have not sorted out my blimming phone. Having problems downloading that ressurrection pack.
 
Last edited:
I am fully agree to that comment. I'm total proof of it. Still have not sorted out my blimming phone. Having problems downloading that ressurrection pack.

All I can say is good luck, I sat yesterday and did my phone from 15:00 to 22:00 until it was sorted. On Darky 9.2 EE now. :D
 
All I can say is good luck, I sat yesterday and did my phone from 15:00 to 22:00 until it was sorted. On Darky 9.2 EE now. :D

Did something go wrong as well? If so please do explain what and how you fixed it. Maybe I can apply same method to my phone. I would have happily sat until I got it fixed but for some ****e reason I have been struggling to download software I reckon is necessary.
 
Last edited:
I am going to upgrade to darky 9.2 tonight. Something is wrong with my phone calls if I have bluetooth on at the same time. I synced it with my garmin in the car and now my bluetooth has to be off for me to be able to be able to phone without it.
 
So I tried flashing my SGS with Darky's ROM v9.2 Extreme edition using CWM method. Things went south and phone is boot looping now or gets stuck on boot screen with Galaxy name & etc. I don't know how to add the update.zip and Darky's Rom .zip files in this mode so busy downloading the full ODIN ressurrection package (with base ROM) now but these download speeds are utterly slow. So as the hours tick by I shall wait in anticipation that I will correct this darn problem.

hope your 3 button recovery is working??!?
 
hope your 3 button recovery is working??!?

Oh that is working but only the normal recovery as cannot seem to get into the CWM recovery if I select the update.zip anymore. I assume that file has been deleted or corrupted. Any idea how to get that CWM .zip file onto the Internal SD card from that point seen as it cannot boot.
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X