Oneplus 6T

Gimli

I just pushed the button on the Oneplus 6T midnight black 8GB 128GB. Few interesting observations.

- I bought it from oneplus.com, so directly from them, and I am having it delivered to my US Aramex.com address. First time I am using the service, so lets see what the pitfalls and gotchas are.
- You can't register a ZA billing address on the oneplus site, so I was forced to use the Aramex ship-to address as my billing address as well. This resulted (I suspect) in my credit card payments being rejected. Is it true that you billing address must be the same as on your credit card?
- As a result of the above I had to pay with a paypal account, and so far it seems as if the transaction is OK.
- Exchange rates used for the transaction was +- 14.70 to the dollar, but according to xe.com it is about 14 atm. Someone is making money by exchanging the money.
- I have ordered the phone, a bumper case, and the fast car charger. I hope they put it in one package else Aramex will ship three separate items. I don't know if that will result in additional charges. Although I see their fare calculator require only the weight apart from the destination.
Will probably have the phone by the end of the month? Lets see.

Ares1000101

I just pushed the button on the Oneplus 6T midnight black 8GB 128GB. Few interesting observations.

- I bought it from oneplus.com, so directly from them, and I am having it delivered to my US Aramex.com address. First time I am using the service, so lets see what the pitfalls and gotchas are.
- You can't register a ZA billing address on the oneplus site, so I was forced to use the Aramex ship-to address as my billing address as well. This resulted (I suspect) in my credit card payments being rejected. Is it true that you billing address must be the same as on your credit card?
- As a result of the above I had to pay with a paypal account, and so far it seems as if the transaction is OK.
- Exchange rates used for the transaction was +- 14.70 to the dollar, but according to xe.com it is about 14 atm. Someone is making money by exchanging the money.
- I have ordered the phone, a bumper case, and the fast car charger. I hope they put it in one package else Aramex will ship three separate items. I don't know if that will result in additional charges. Although I see their fare calculator require only the weight apart from the destination.
Will probably have the phone by the end of the month? Lets see.
Good luck! I was going to go this route. But luckily have someone bringing me one. I will hold thumbs for you.

Glue

Expert Member
Scanner works great compared to other phone's and definitely the fastest one. Ever tried using the huawei Porsche design one then you know what's terrible!!!
The light from the scanner never really bothers me and not as bright as people say.
Speaker better than my 6 and having this much screen without an led is a win for me, I never used led anyway so no issue for me.

Tsepz_011

Expert Member
Joh!!
1 min video 4k @60fps equals 1gig!!!
Lol, that is insane, no point in having that feature if ones phone has less than 128GB internal memory unless you can record to a high speed memory card.

ponder

Honorary Master
Paypal has the option of selecting their rates or your bank cards rates, your banks rates are cheaper.

bratwurst

Expert Member
I wouldn’t say never but on the odd occasion.
Can you try the following and see if it improved your Tapatalk lag, or overall lag in general.

Setting > Accessibility > Magnification > enable it
Close all apps
Disable it
Open apps and test.

My lag is gone. I get one initial lag Spike as topics load and I scroll in Tapatalk, after that it's buttery smooth.

bratwurst

Expert Member
How the hell?
I assume it worked?

One guy complained on the OnePlus forums that if he enables the Magnification option apps lag. I checked my setting and it was off by default. I enabled it to see what it does. Then disabled it again and suddenly the apps that were laggy on my side were smooth.

No idea really how this would improve things, but hey, works for now.

sand_man

Honorary Master
Wow man, that's uncanny!! When did you do this? Do you think it's a long term fix to the issue?