Oneplus 7T and 7T Pro

ronz91

Expert Member
The 7T Pro overheated today. anyone have advice on how to reduce the potential for this and any other advice with battery overheating?
I have had the phone heat up alot once or twice but seems to have stopped since the last software update

Viva

Expert Member
The 7T Pro overheated today. anyone have advice on how to reduce the potential for this and any other advice with battery overheating?
No issues with overheating on my side. In fact, I've never noticed heat coming of the phone before. Can you say more about the circumstances under which this happened? Was it charging? Running a benchmark, playing a game, sitting in the sun? And when it overheated, which error message did you see?

Last edited:

jnvdh06

What were you doing before the phone started overheating? Were you playing games? Charging? What was your usage like?

My phone has warmed up before. But never to the degree that it started the decrease performance

jnvdh06

Has anyone contacted Vodacom yet for an early cancellation quote? I’m curious how much it would be.

bobbyb

What were you doing before the phone started overheating? Were you playing games? Charging? What was your usage like?

My phone has warmed up before. But never to the degree that it started the decrease performance
Thanks everyone. Was driving and using google maps.

Method

Executive Member
I went to the dark side and moved from iPhone to Andriod. Got myself a sexy OnePlus 8 Pro. Such a cool phone! Obviously not locally sourced. Got it for R16k on Amazon and it was delivered yesterday. Added a case and screen protectors as I knew I wouldn't get them here. Very happy so far. Works perfectly on Telkom and Vodacom (dual sim).

jnvdh06

Thanks everyone. Was driving and using google maps.
Navigating while driving is quite intensive on the CPU. Coupled with being in a hot car, I do think the probability is high that it will overheat.

Last edited:

Badprop_za

Expert Member
I went to the dark side and moved from iPhone to Andriod. Got myself a sexy OnePlus 8 Pro. Such a cool phone! Obviously not locally sourced. Got it for R16k on Amazon and it was delivered yesterday. Added a case and screen protectors as I knew I wouldn't get them here. Very happy so far. Works perfectly on Telkom and Vodacom (dual sim).
How long did you wait for delivery? Who was courier?
Looking at importing, but never done it before.

Viva

Expert Member
Navigating while driving is quite intensive on the CPU. Coupled with being in a hot car, I do think the probability is high that it will overheat.
This is a coincidence, but I just had the perfect opportunity to test the overheating theory. I drove R1500km this past weekend with Google Maps navigation running all the way. Spotify was also playing music via Bluetooth in the background at times. My phone was standing more or less upright in the cup holder in the center console, so the sun was hitting it more or less on the top (side with popup camera). The climate control was set at 21/22 degrees.

The phone functioned perfectly as expected. No overheating to speak of.

Method

Executive Member
How long did you wait for delivery? Who was courier?
Looking at importing, but never done it before.

Ordered on the 7th of December and it was delivered on the 17th. Used "express" delivery, which was DHL. Was able to track the whole delivery on each stop. First time I've imported something this "big" and it was great.

Chingha

Expert Member
I'm very disappointed in One+. Part of the attraction was them keeping up with Android releases and 4 months after release, still no 11 on the 7T.

Even Samsung have released it for a few of their phones.

ronz91

Expert Member
I'm very disappointed in One+. Part of the attraction was them keeping up with Android releases and 4 months after release, still no 11 on the 7T.

seems 1+ is transitioning, hopefully not for the worse

Avantgarde IT

I think they've started to fragment their phones, releasing too many phones and now supporting all of them is an issue.

Also one thing which bugs the hell out of me is not able to delete or remove in the settings the Oneplus club - I don't want to root. I've decided my next phone will be a Samsung partly also because of Dex.

https://www.reddit.com/r/oneplus/comments/ej7hae

Bryn

Doubleplusgood
I think they've started to fragment their phones, releasing too many phones and now supporting all of them is an issue.

Also one thing which bugs the hell out of me is not able to delete or remove in the settings the Oneplus club - I don't want to root. I've decided my next phone will be a Samsung partly also because of Dex.

https://www.reddit.com/r/oneplus/comments/ej7hae
You'd rather your phone had an extra Samsung version of every single app and came preinstalled with Facebook and all the Microsoft apps, than just create a OnePlus account and turn off notifications for one app?

jnvdh06

Anyone have any issues with mobile data connection dropping?
I have notices a few times when streaming music in my car the connection will suddenly drop and cause the music to stop for a minute or two while it regains connection

ejacob25

I have notices a few times when streaming music in my car the connection will suddenly drop and cause the music to stop for a minute or two while it regains connection
I had this problem only on my vodacom Sim not on my mtn Sim

ronz91

Expert Member
Does the signal strength indicator also drop or you just notice due to the music buffering?