OnePlus Nord

Thirstycurve

OnePlus has confirmed that it's going to return to offering more affordable devices. It's been called the OnePlus 8 Lite and the OnePlus Z, but the company has now confirmed that its new smartphone will be the first device in the new OnePlus Nord line.

Here's everything we know about it so far

OnePlus Nord: 5 things we need to know right now

OnePlus Nord to launch on July 21, its retail box revealed

Last edited:

Lefty309

Nord rhymes with Lorde and I'm not a fan of her music which means I don't like this phone.

FiestaST

Honorary Master
Everytime I see info about the Nord (phone) this pops into my head:

IMG_9072.jpg

FiestaST

Honorary Master
OnePlus Nord is launching tomorrow: what to expect

The OnePlus Nord 5G will be the company’s first mid-ranger since the infamous OnePlus X. It will cost under $500 and will be available in India and Europe first. The company did limited pre-orders for the phone as part of the promo campaign, there will also be virtual pop-up events in several countries, allowing you to be among the first to buy a Nord. So far the company has officially confirmed most key specs, here they are all in one place.

The phone will have a 90Hz Fluid AMOLED display with an in-display fingerprint reader and OnePlus’ first dual selfie camera (first dual punch hole too). The touch sampling rate will be 180Hz (up from 13 Hz on the 7T). Unofficial data puts the displays size at 6.44”.

Qualcomm officially announced that the Nord 5G will be powered by a Snapdragon 765G. This will be the first time OnePlus will use a non-flagship chipset (even the X had an S801). Geekbench hints a possible “lite” model with Snapdragon 690 instead and only half the RAM – 6GB instead of 12GB. Both chips are 5G-capable. Storage is expected to come in 128GB and 256GB options.

Nord.jpg