OpenServe Fibre connection errors

frankthedsigner

Hi, I'm having issues where I am blocked from using Google services online or even local websites. Every 30min or so my connection drops and I can't access any website for about 1-2min. The web page will just return with a 'Server not Found' error. It's driving me nuts! my mail client also keeps promoting me to enter my mail password because of the connection issue. :mad:

Sometimes when this happens, I go onto speedtest.net to check the connection and what a surprise, I get my 10mb d/l speed and 5mb u/l speed. Just after running the speed test my connection will suddenly just pick up and continue working as if nothing happened... sigh...:wtf:

If anyone has any idea what this could be, I tried contacting Telkom but we all know how useless that is. I also checked my firewall and everything is disabled. Any advice how to fix this? (and yes, I know OpenServe is BS but I am tied to a 12 month contract which I cannot get out of)

jurkrit

I had a similar issue on OpenServ Fiber, and it turned out to be DNS related. I changed my DNS to use Google, 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 and since then, no more issues.

ponder

Honorary Master
Try using google dns servers as suggested above.