Own ONT support

Nod

Executive Member
I will hopefully be able to order fiber in September, depending on when FF goes live in Darling.
I have a Ubiquiti network, and like to extent this to the ONT.
Is this supported by FF/CI?

If it is, which specific model should I get (UF-Nano/Loco)?
I assume is does not really matter?

TheRoDent

Cool Ideas Rep
You will have to use the Frogfoot ONT, and connect your network equipment to that. We will supply you with a router to which you can connect your WiFi equipment. Alternatively you can use your own UBNT router/firewall. You have the option when signing up to choose our router, or use your own router.

Your router will need to support PPPoE and connect to the Frogfoot ONT using an ethernet cable.

WAslayer

Executive Member
CI won't care, FF more than likely will..

You really do not need to be in control of your ONT though.. I have my USG connecting to the Vuma ONT and it's fine..

Nod

Executive Member
You will have to use the Frogfoot ONT, and connect your network equipment to that. We will supply you with a router to which you can connect your WiFi equipment. Alternatively you can use your own UBNT router/firewall. You have the option when signing up to choose our router, or use your own router.

Your router will need to support PPPoE and connect to the Frogfoot ONT using an ethernet cable.
Thanks. Will do it that way then.