Paradox IP150 configuration issue

Hi guys,

I have installed a new Paradox system (MG5050 plus IP150) at home. All went well, including getting the IP150 connected and using Babyware to connect to the panel and configure the system.

BUT - I have a strange issue:

I cannot seem to get to connect PROPERLY to the IP150 web based interface with all features (arming, configuring, enabling paradoxmyhome access etc). Here is the situation:

• IP150 connected, has internet
  • Port forwarding configured, passed the tests with IP exploring tools, seems to work from web and local
  • IP150 registered on paradoxmyhome (ONLY through IP Exploring tool)
  • IP150 reachable and MG5050 fully configurable through Babyware BUT only through entering serial number and password, NOT Site ID and password in connection options...
  • Now here is the clincher - I understand I need to go to the IP150 web based config tool to switch on paradoxmyhome access. BUT when I go to my static IP on the network OR connect from outside to the IP150 i can perfectly connect, but it only offers me a minimal config interface to configure 3 things: I/Os, Receiver WANs and the ports. That's all. No big menu that actually accesses the panel at all.

What am I doing wrong, i.e. what must I change/do to access the FULL web based IP150 interface?

Help would be greatly appreciated! Let me know if you need more info.
Matt

xrapidx

Honorary Master
Maybe also post screenshots.

What are you planning on using that requires myparadox. Their implementation, and mobile app is crap.

Are you sure you're connecting with a master user?
Hey, thanks for the reply. Definitely the Master user as configured on MG5050 panel.

This is what it apparently SHOULD look like when accessing the web portal (example pic in French but you get the point):

This is what it looks like for me:

So very reduced and unusable for anything productive. I wanted to use this portal to remote control the alarm when I'm not at home.

Make more sense? Hope you can help. Thanks!

Matt

Attachments

Last edited:

xrapidx

Honorary Master
Trying to duplicate your screen without success.

With the missing items on your side - it looks like its somehow not connected to the panel properly?

Can you see the IP150 module in Babywear?

Trying to duplicate your screen without success.

With the missing items on your side - it looks like its somehow not connected to the panel properly?

Can you see the IP150 module in Babywear?
Yes, see above in first post - I can perfectly connect to the panel via Babyware if I enter Serial and panel password. Home network or outside. can configure everything. Really weird...

xrapidx

Honorary Master
Stupid questions - but one thing at a time :p Have you reset the module and set it up again?

does anyone know a really clever paradox installer that can be phoned up for this? Would appreciate the help.
Matt

AJCLeRoux

Good day Matt
I have exactly the same issue when connecting via web browser to the IP150.
Mine is also a new MG5050 system purchased in January 2018. IP150 V4.2
I wonder if the e-mail functionality has not perhaps been taken away on the new modules, forcing people to use the Insite Gold APP.
Andries

Good day Matt
I have exactly the same issue when connecting via web browser to the IP150.
Mine is also a new MG5050 system purchased in January 2018. IP150 V4.2
I wonder if the e-mail functionality has not perhaps been taken away on the new modules, forcing people to use the Insite Gold APP.
Andries
Hey Andries - glad I'm not alone. That would be quite something... I'm trying to find a really clued up Paradox person to see if there is a config error somewhere in my setup, but it certainly seems odd. So you're getting the exact same screen where you can't change much?

Matt

Goodness - just dug a bit further in the web based on your suggestion and you seem to be right. It looks like the web interface was disabled in IP150 firmware 4.0 and above to force use of Swan Server.... just wonderful. Would have also saved me hours of trying to 'fix' this. haha.

Thanks for the tip - this seems to offer an answer to the problem.

xrapidx

Honorary Master
Forgot about firmware - the new firmware apparently messed up a few things, I've had various people recommend not to upgrade the firmware.

AJCLeRoux

Hi Matt, when I purchased my IP150 in January, it had V4.1 firmware. I noticed that I did not get push notifications from Insite Gold for Panic 1 alarms. After upgrading to V4.2 last week using InField in Babyware, all notifications seem to work now.

Forgot about firmware - the new firmware apparently messed up a few things, I've had various people recommend not to upgrade the firmware.
My IP150 was purchased a few weeks ago and came with 4.1 installed :( So Insite Gold it is for me, I guess.

Hi Matt, when I purchased my IP150 in January, it had V4.1 firmware. I noticed that I did not get push notifications from Insite Gold for Panic 1 alarms. After upgrading to V4.2 last week using InField in Babyware, all notifications seem to work now.
Thanks, this is useful, will update to 4.2 asap!

AJCLeRoux

Matt, I even disconnected my ADSL router from the web to ensure the Swan server wasn't perhaps changing the webserver view inside the IP150. Stiil only got the limited screen as per you pictures. Pitty, I wouldhave liked to play around with the e-mail option also.

xrapidx

Honorary Master
My IP150 was purchased a few weeks ago and came with 4.1 installed :( So Insite Gold it is for me, I guess.
Was reading up on it after your issue - seems people are trying to find ways to rollback, although they've also found workarounds to the actual issues caused by the firmware.

Twix

Hi, I have the same issue after I tried (and failed) to upgrade the firmware on IP150.

Did anyone find any solution to this issue?